• Quick Navigation
Photo

Allergen Legislation of Pre-Packed for Direct Sale (PPDS)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Dee70

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:36 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could advise me .. I'm reading through the allergen legislation on PPDS) and would appreciate some clarification. 

If a bakery that previously made its products and sold them from the shop then decides they need a bigger kitchen area and plans to use a purpose-built unit that is not on the same premises as the bakery but who are making just items for the bakery. Do they still come under the rules for PPDS? 

This line 'Foods packaged and then sold elsewhere by the same operator at a market stall or mobile site' kind of jumped out at me. Am I on the right track here? 

Thanks 

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 08 November 2022 - 03:19 PM

My interpretation would be that this is not a PPDS and that the normal full labelling rules for packaged foods apply. I believe the specific exemption for market stalls and mobile sites is because they aren't a "premises" in the same sense. See for example the decision tree in this guidance document from the FSA: https://www.southsom...t-sale-ppds.pdf

In any case, if you're unsure then reach out to your local Trading Standards service to check, given that they'll be the ones with primary responsibility for regulation.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users