• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France

Posted 27 November 2022 - 09:34 AM

Hello
Do you think that a HACCP team leader has to renew this training every 3 years?
What about the people who are already graduated from the university( engineer, Master's degree) with a major in food safety/quality? And a very long expérience in the food industry?there is a requirements in BRC/IFS related to the frequency of this training ?
Thanks for your reply

Edited by QA2021, 27 November 2022 - 09:34 AM.

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 853 posts
  • 291 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 November 2022 - 05:02 PM

I think it's a good idea to renew the training.    I say that, but my last HACCP course was sometime in the 90s.  lol

I guess my answer would depend on how effective their initial training was and experience.  I've seen people take a HACCP course and still have no idea how to create a plan.   The idea that the piece of paper makes someone effective is kinda silly.  They should have the training, knowledge, and experience to develop and maintain HACCP plans.   

an auditor is always going to want to see some kind of piece of paper that says that they are trained in HACCP.  

I believe there are some retailers that are requesting refresher training for HACCP leaders.   I don't recall and regulatory or GFSI requirement for refresher "certification" training.  

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,070 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 28 November 2022 - 12:38 PM

The full class - no. Most GFSI schemes require annual refresher training on the various food topics. Even with a masters or long career, the requirements are the same for all employees. That particular topic(s) would be easy for them and not require as much work to pass vs a newer employee.

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 28 November 2022 - 01:25 PM

Our scheme, FSSC22000, does not mention any frequency of a refresh training. However, some big retailers might have this requirement: for instance, Costco standard has 5-year refresh requirement.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 November 2022 - 02:30 AM

Also see this parallel, related thread -

https://www.ifsqn.co...on/#entry167369

(eg Post 10)

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 29 November 2022 - 06:23 AM

Hi QA2021,

I would image that most HACCP Team Leaders are subject to annual reviews where performance, competency and training needs are discussed/reviewed.

If that HACCP Team Leader is managing a Food Safety Management System including Food Safety/HACCP Plans that are achieving high grades in recognized certification audits/regulatory authority audits then that would be solid evidence that the HACCP Team Leader is competent in HACCP and perhaps training elsewhere may be a priority.

The review should be kept as evidence of competency and that refresher training is not necessary, although parts may need to be redacted for external auditor review.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users