Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:24 PM

My company is SQF certified in food manufacturing. We are leasing a warehouse about five minutes away to solely store finished product there, nothing else. What do I need to do to certify the warehouse? We are getting our Pest Control set up to service the location. Do I register it with the FDA? Notify CB? Anyone else been through a similar situation and can help?

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 825 posts
  • 284 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 November 2022 - 11:18 PM

You need to be registered with fda.   ... to require that facilities engaged in manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding food for consumption in the United States submit additional registration information....

see leased warehouse/storage question :

https://www.fda.gov/...115080/download

I would contact the CB.   I believe you could include it in your scope.   They would then decide on if it should be audited in the near future or during your next certifications audit.   It would need to be complaint with all of the applicable  clauses of  the SQFI code.   You could get the facility its own certification (storage and distribution).   or you may be able to consider it as a third party storage facility.    Again, check with the CB.   

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 01 December 2022 - 03:07 PM

Contact CB and see if you can include it in your current certification.

If not, you'll need a separate cert under the food storage code.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 01 December 2022 - 03:09 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 601 posts
  • 173 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 December 2022 - 07:55 PM

20227FMIN_FoodManufacturing_v3-2-FINAL-w-links.pdf (sqfi.com)

Under Step 3: Determining the Scope of Certification (pg 14), SQF code calls out:  "If activities are carried out in different premises but are overseen by the same senior, operational, and technical management and are covered by the one SQF System, the site can be expanded to include those premise."  So the separate building can be named under your scope.

Under Step 15: Changes to Site SQF Requirements, there's a 15.2: Changing the Scope of Certification (pg 32) explains you can notify the CB in writing, and they can do a spot audit to certify the process change.  This usually means they'll reissue the existing certificate to list the new process or item with the original expiration date.  You'll need to update all of your process flows and risk assessments to reflect the new building, and all of the same PRP's will need to be documented in that new building.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users