Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 December 2022 - 12:35 PM

Hello I’m preparing for my first sqf level 2 audit at my new job. They had their first unannounced audit in 2021. I need some pointers to get me through this. Any sheet that’s can guide me would be thankful. I just started and the audit is in January and I’m freaking out. I have did sqf audit at my old facility but idk why I’m freaking out like this. I can’t find a system review documentation just all over the place anything you can share will be helpful.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 December 2022 - 06:08 AM

Hello I’m preparing for my first sqf level 2 audit at my new job. They had their first unannounced audit in 2021. I need some pointers to get me through this. Any sheet that’s can guide me would be thankful. I just started and the audit is in January and I’m freaking out. I have did sqf audit at my old facility but idk why I’m freaking out like this. I can’t find a system review documentation just all over the place anything you can share will be helpful.

Hi QA,

Please avoid double posting. it can cause confusion.

I'm not aware of any SQF Level 2 ?

The 1st answer is SQF's own Checkllist as mentioned variously on this Forum, eg -

https://www.ifsqn.co...dit/#entry91102

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 366 posts
  • 87 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 05 December 2022 - 12:47 PM

Agreed with above, use SQF's checklist that is located on their website.  It will provide you with a thorough overview of your program.  Also, I would suggest doing a search and find on the code for the words risk assessment and make sure you have the programs and such that mention this covered.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 08 December 2022 - 05:51 AM

Hi QA,

Please avoid double posting. it can cause confusion.

I'm not aware of any SQF Level 2 ?

The 1st answer is SQF's own Checkllist as mentioned variously on this Forum, eg -

https://www.ifsqn.co...dit/#entry91102

Hi Charles,

Those levels were in existence up to and including Edition 7 of the SQF Code. The SQF program was recognized (at level 2) in 2004 by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) as a standard that meets its benchmark requirements. This is now in effect the SQF Food Safety Code.

The SQF Code level 3 exceeded the requirements of the GFSI benchmark documents and now includes the SQF Quality Code

Hi Quality Achiever,

As per Charles' and Scotty's post a review against the SQF checklist in preparation for the audit would be the best course of action to take.

The SQF Food Safety Code checklists are available here: https://www.sqfi.com...and-checklists/

Here is the checklist for food manufacturers:

Attached File  Food-Manufacturing-Checklist-Edition-9.xlsx   177.52KB   7 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 825 posts
  • 284 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 December 2022 - 04:53 PM

the only sheet you need is the one Tony provided & - gave the link - SQF FM checklist edition 9.   

"I can’t find a system review documentation"   -   You should probably do your own review / internal audit anyway.  Go clause by clause through the document tony provided.   Asking yourself "do we mee the criteria & how am I going to prove it to an auditor?"   Then develop necessary corrective and preventative actions.   Then do it again.  

Since you are new(er), this will not only serve as an audit, but will familiarize you with the current policies, procedures, records and their locations.   

the internal audit is a very under-utilized tool - in my opinion.  

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users