Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 December 2022 - 01:40 PM

Hi! I am currently trying to create a QA program with temperature validation for our kettles, dishwasher, fridges, and freezers. I have no experience with this, but was told K-type thermometers with data loggers are the best option, however my budget is very small and if I get an Infrared thermal imaging camera I can use the maintenance budget. My question is will a FLIR camera suffice for audits and for data keeping?

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 852 posts
  • 291 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 December 2022 - 06:10 PM

Im not sure what you mean by temperature validation in this context.  

are you trying to prove that the temperature devices on these devices are accurate?   Or is it none of the items that you mentioned have temperature devices on them?    

NIST FLIRS are pretty expensive.

if you are checking calibration of current thermometers, all you need to certified thermometer to compare the others to.    it sounds like you might have nothing in place.    in which case I still think that a manual type thermometer is used at periodic intervals and manually recorded would be ok.    said thermometers are calibrated at regular intervals as well.  

I don't think I would include a FLIR in a food safety program.   they are real expensive, not as accurate in most cases, etc.  

Please let me know I am not understanding your question or what you are trying to achieve.    

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 527 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 December 2022 - 09:01 PM

The type of thermometer used is less important than that it can be and is calibrated, and of course that the people using it know how to do so correctly.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users