• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 December 2022 - 09:30 PM

Hello,

I have been appointed as a manger at a food company. Since, this will be my first time ot take up this role and work for SQF level 3 since my current company has level 2 module. 

Can you please help me what the exact diffenere between these 2 modules and where are the gaps generally observed?

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 December 2022 - 12:02 AM

there are not "levels" any more.   

There is the fundamentals program, the food safety program, and the food quality program.  

The new level 3 would be the food safety and quality program.    Essentially it adds quality elements to various section of the code.   

I guess you i would suggest you download the standard and checklist for quality and determine your "gaps"  and work from there.  the biggest difference is the need of a "food quality plan"  like HACCP for quality.     

you can read about the food quality plan on the link below as well as down oad the standard and checklists. 

https://www.sqfi.com...uality-program/

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,231 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 20 December 2022 - 04:51 AM

Hi ankitadharma,

To add to kingstudruler1’s post and link, the main elements will be food safety plans and ensuring policies and documents consider product quality.

The SQF Quality Code requires compliance for all sections included in SQF Food Safety Code System Elements but in terms of product quality.

Where a food safety management system compliant with the SQF Food Safety Code has reference to food safety in the documentation, it is likely that quality would need to be included as well to be compliant with the SQF Quality Code.

The SQF Quality Code sections:

2.1 Management Commitment

2.2 Document Control and Records

2.3 Specifications, Formulations, Realization, and Supplier Approval

2.4 Food Quality System

2.5 Quality System Verification

2.6 Product Identification, Traceability, Withdrawal, Recall, and Crisis Management

2.7 Food Fraud

2.8 Identity Preserved Foods

2.9 Training

SQFI provide checklists which can be found in the guidance section of their website. I’ve attached the SQF Quality Code checklist below.

Attached File  Quality-Checklist-Edition-9.xlsx   53.08KB   12 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

etc.

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 377 posts
  • 90 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 20 December 2022 - 12:47 PM

Is it company or customer driven to go for both food safety and quality?  I have been always told just to stick with food safety unless you have customer requests for both food safety and quality. 

In my career I have found that if your company asks you to go with both food safety and quality just want the highest level because 'it makes us look good'.  I have always stuck with just food safety, though with how the code changed in relation to going for both food safety and quality it does open the door to try.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 December 2022 - 01:55 PM

Hello,

I have been appointed as a manger at a food company. Since, this will be my first time ot take up this role and work for SQF level 3 since my current company has level 2 module. 

Can you please help me what the exact diffenere between these 2 modules and where are the gaps generally observed?

Hi ankita,

Please note that you have previously started several other threads, none of which you have returned to.

It is useful  if some feedback is occasionally provided.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users