Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 January 2023 - 10:44 PM

Hi All, I recently joined a new company and we have three different buildings in the same industrial complex (all with a different address). We consider them all one campus - one facility is used for ingredient storage and part of our batching process. The second facility (primary) is where our headquarters/offices are as well as the main production line including the primary and secondary packaging area.  The third building is our finished goods warehouse and we also have a repack line there which we split our products into multi packs as well as offer this service to outside customers (they bring in their packaged finished product in cans and we sort the cans into the multi packs).  

My question is, for the purposes of FDA food facility registration, is it ok to have all three buildings covered by one registration number despite the 3 different addresses? There are other companies in adjacent buildings in this complex, so no, we do not have the entire campus to ourselves. 

Thank you!

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 04 January 2023 - 10:50 PM

Yes - all in one.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

foodie13

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 January 2023 - 06:34 PM

Thank you for the response! 

For anyone else that may need be in this situation in the future.. I reached out to FDA yesterday (2.5 hrs wait time  :eek_yello: ) and the representative suggested I put the other two addresses in section two as the second line of the address. She hadn't heard of this situation before and wasn't sure how else to make sure all three buildings are included. Surely we can't be the only ones who have been in this situation?  Anyway, the section two portion of our registration looks a little funny with all the addresses crammed in there, but I think it will do the job. 

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users