Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 16 January 2023 - 11:23 AM

A customer just informed me that a new version of EC 1881/2006 is being drafted including a limit for Nickel in tree nuts which they want me to meet, even though it's not even communicated yet.

How am I supposed to know?

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:29 PM

See if you can't subscribe to get updates from. With SQF, you are able to subscribe to a newsletter and get any updates they may have.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 16 January 2023 - 02:06 PM

Does EC 1881/2006 have a contact page where you can sign up for emails? That seems odd that you received no notice, but maybe you need to visit their website once a month (or more) to be up to date on changes.

-Setanta         

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 16 January 2023 - 02:25 PM

Does EC 1881/2006 have a contact page where you can sign up for emails? That seems odd that you received no notice, but maybe you need to visit their website once a month (or more) to be up to date on changes.

@Setana I can only sign up to actual changes when they're done. Not when they're only being discussed. 

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 16 January 2023 - 02:33 PM

How odd. SQF has a comment period where we can submit opinions to proposed changes.

-Setanta         

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 16 January 2023 - 04:21 PM

@SHQuality, are you a member of any sort of trade body or industry organisation? IMO that's the best way to stay abreast of proposals and have some voice in the consultation process. If you're not then it might be worth looking at signing up for one.

@US friends - 1881/2006 is a regulation rather than a third party standard, so review mechanism is a little different.

Thanked by 1 Member:

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 528 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 January 2023 - 05:41 PM

Sometimes they're just early too.   I've had customers asking about celery, sesame seeds before it was a done deal.   I told um to be patient....lol.

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 17 January 2023 - 07:04 AM

@SHQuality, are you a member of any sort of trade body or industry organisation? IMO that's the best way to stay abreast of proposals and have some voice in the consultation process. If you're not then it might be worth looking at signing up for one.

My company is a member of at least 2 trade bodies and we have at least 2 other organizations who should inform us about legal changes and somehow this slipped through the cracks until the customer shared it. That worries me.

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 17 January 2023 - 07:06 AM

Sometimes they're just early too.   I've had customers asking about celery, sesame seeds before it was a done deal.   I told um to be patient....lol.

That is my first feeling too. If they want it tested, they should talk to the sales team to adjust the contract.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users