• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 January 2023 - 03:32 AM

Hello,

Does anyone have any advice for removing stubborn dried up produce from stainless steel equipment using a dry cleaning process? We currently use  pressurized steam, clean ( detergent, scrubbing) and sanitize. Deep cleaning includes breaking down the equipment as far a possible. Just wondering if anyone has tricks to make the process more effective for complex equipment.

Thanks!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,503 posts
  • 1514 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 January 2023 - 12:59 PM

Those steps are not removing all the debris?  

Why the focus on dry clean------seems to me short of using a paint scrapper, wet clean it the fastest, easiest solution in this scenario

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 20 January 2023 - 04:24 PM

What is the nature of your process that allows produce to dry onto the equipment? That would mean it's there for quite some time; is it possible to clean more frequently? This would allow easier removal of the produce before it becomes dried onto your equipment. More cleaning seems like more time, but you may find it actually saves you time if the cleaning becomes much easier. I would also wonder why dry cleaning is required in your case. 

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cleaning, sanitizing, deep cleaning, produce, dried-up produce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users