• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 28 January 2023 - 05:40 AM

Hello everyone,

BRCG issue 9 mentioned for the traceability test should include stock reconciliation of quantities of product. I google regarding this but I couldn't find a clear idea about stock reconciliation. Can you explain how to perform stock reconciliation and whether I should do it for primary packaging as well?

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 30 January 2023 - 09:13 AM

When you do a regular stock count, you sometimes find inconsistencies. (How often do you check your stock?)

You'll have more or less on stock than you expect based on your digital system. Or you may find a previously lost pallet back again.

Reconciliation means you make sure the ERP system and reality are in agreement again afterward.

This applies to literally everything you have on stock, including packaging of any kind.

Edited by SHQuality, 30 January 2023 - 09:15 AM.

cookinmaple

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 31 January 2023 - 06:32 PM

Inventory reconciliation is the process of comparing physical inventory counts with records of inventory on hand.

We preform year end stock inventory and monthly on some high use items like product labels. Then check any discrepancy's and determine why the numbers don't match up. Example: broken stock was disposed of and recorded in the Hold & release program, but not removed from the inventory count. Then at the year end inventory my inventory stated I had more stock then I really did.

Hope this helps

Thanked by 1 Member:

SHQuality

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 46 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 01 February 2023 - 07:06 AM

We preform year end stock inventory and monthly on some high use items like product labels. Then check any discrepancy's and determine why the numbers don't match up. Example: broken stock was disposed of and recorded in the Hold & release program, but not removed from the inventory count. Then at the year end inventory my inventory stated I had more stock then I really did.

Hope this helps

Why do you only inventory high use items? It's the low use items that get lost and cause issues in my own experience.

Chathura Madhusankha

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 01 February 2023 - 10:05 AM

Inventory reconciliation is the process of comparing physical inventory counts with records of inventory on hand.

Hope this helps

So Should I compare the stock in hand at distributors and sold, stock in the warehouse with previous records of finished goods and primary packaging? So the formula would be like this

Stock reconciliation = Actual Physical count take in the traceability test - Finished goods counts recorded in inventory and dispatch, delivery notes

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users