• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 24 February 2023 - 11:15 AM

Hi everyone!!
Someone could give me some information about cGMP? I have a Spanish client that exports his products to EU and US. He would like to obtain the GMP+ certification but I think for EU he'll need cGMP. Can anyone give me some advice??? thanks

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 February 2023 - 12:48 PM

Hi everyone!!
Someone could give me some information about cGMP? I have a Spanish client that exports his products to EU and US. He would like to obtain the GMP+ certification but I think for EU he'll need cGMP. Can anyone give me some advice??? thanks

Hi TC,

Maybe try googling cGMP - It's American.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Sayed M Naim Khalid

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 103 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 February 2023 - 05:20 PM

In food sector GMP and cGMP are not a lot different. But if you are working on pharmaceuticals or nutraceuticals, you may need their relevant cGMP. I would recommend that you read cGMP based on the FDA codes so you can be fully compliant. 

You can read more about cGMP for drugs in the following FDA codes: 

• Title 21: CFR Part 314
  • Title 21: CFR Part 210
  • Title 21: CFR Part 211
  • Title 21: CFR Part 212
  • Title 21: CFR Part 600

For food I would mostly consider GMP in other countries and in the US go to the following cGMP is needed: 

• Title 21: CFR Part 117 sub part B (Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, And Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food)

Thanked by 1 Member:

G M

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 483 posts
  • 94 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 March 2023 - 10:06 PM

Hi everyone!!

If cGMP came up, I'm going to guess this is a potentially FDA regulated (non-meat) food item?  The FDA in its infinite wisdom tried to reinvent the wheel in regards to a variety of food safety terms and principles after the FSMA.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users