Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2023 - 08:37 PM

my company is starting to have glass pass thru our warehouse. They will be in glass jars that house salsa. what are the secrets to the trade when it comes to glass in your facility? 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 19 May 2023 - 04:44 AM

Hi SauceManinKS,

Your main change will be the need to have a breakage procedure for this product and appropriate (usually dedicated) cleaning equipment.

Kind regards,

Tony

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 530 posts
  • 102 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 May 2023 - 03:43 PM

Many safety certification programs require a containment protocol for incidents involving broken glass or other brittle materials that shatter.  Some "glass and brittle" searches should turn up general resources.

cookinmaple

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:24 PM

We have a glass breakage procedure and tracking sheet to record all breaks during production, QA staff verify procedure was followed and all glass was cleaned up correctly. When glass breaks around open product, those within 10 feet are removed from the line and disposed of. Staff are trained to follow procedure and record all breaks. Never had a customer complaint related to Foreign material and no issue with auditors.

SauceManinKS

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:33 PM

Everyone, This has been very helpful. Im so happy i found the group! all this info has been great!! keep em coming!! I'm transitioning into the food industry from the aerospace industry. So this is all new stuff for me.

suhaibalbadawi97

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Jordan
    Jordan

Posted 29 June 2023 - 07:43 PM

We have a glass breakage procedure and tracking sheet to record all breaks during production, QA staff verify procedure was followed and all glass was cleaned up correctly. When glass breaks around open product, those within 10 feet are removed from the line and disposed of. Staff are trained to follow procedure and record all breaks. Never had a customer complaint related to Foreign material and no issue with auditors.

Hi can you share it with us

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users