• 73 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 19 May 2023 - 02:40 AM

Hello All..

I wanna ask some question regarding the re-process in haccp plan

Where i should study about specific re-process steps and their hazard?

and how the flow chart should mention if when the re-process, there's a step does not include on the re-process. For example, we skip the heating process for the quality issue of the product

Thanks

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 19 May 2023 - 04:41 AM

Hi RafifUtamaPutra,

For food manufacturers, re-process/rework is covered in TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION ISO/TS 22002-1 Prerequisite programmes on food safety — Part 1: Food manufacturing as part of the FSSC 22000 Certification Scheme:

Section 14 Rework

14.1 General requirements

Rework shall be stored, handled and used in such a way that product safety, quality, traceability and regulatory compliance are maintained.

14.2 Storage, identification and traceability

Stored rework shall be protected from exposure to microbiological, chemical or extraneous matter contamination.

Segregation requirements for rework (e.g. allergen) shall be documented and met.

Rework shall be clearly identified and/or labelled to allow traceability. Traceability records for rework shall be maintained.

The rework classification or the reason for rework designation shall be recorded (e.g. product name, production date, shift, line of origin, shelf-life).

14.3 Rework usage

Where rework is incorporated into a product as an “in-process” step, the acceptable quantity, type and conditions of rework use shall be specified. The process step and method of addition, including any necessary pre-processing stages, shall be defined.

Where rework activities involve removing a product from filled or wrapped packages, controls shall be put in place to ensure the removal and segregation of packaging materials and to avoid contamination of the product with extraneous matter.

Also Note: 10.3 Allergen management

Rework containing allergen(s) shall be used only:

a) in products which contain the same allergen(s) by design; or

b) through a process which is demonstrated to remove or destroy the allergenic material.

NOTE For general rework requirements, see Clause 14.

The requirement for rework to be covered in your flow diagram is stipulated in ISO 22000 Clause 7.3.5.1 Flow diagrams

Flow diagrams shall, as appropriate, include the following:

…..

d) where reworking and recycling take place;

To get more specific advice you should let us know the products you are talking about and the rework operations.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

McForman

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 May 2023 - 06:35 PM

I am having the same issue now for Dry edible beans, we use to bring our rework beans rejected from our cleaner, gravity table, stoner, electric eye and rerun them back through the whole system but the team wants to use a old line without the electric eye its the only equipment it would not go back through, but I feel weird saying the electric eyes is used "as needed" when 2 out of 3 will still use it and the rework beans would of passed through it the first time.

Best Regards

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users