Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:47 AM

Edited by Franco, 21 September 2006 - 08:26 AM.

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,830 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:16 AM

FSAI Guidance note n. 15

Thanks Franco. I'd just like to add the descriptive title so that it may be seen more easily.

Guidance Note No. 15 Cook-Chill System in the Food Service Sector.

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:26 AM

Done mate. Rgds. Franco

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:13 AM

Dear Franco / Simon,

Impressive publication on an important product area.
Tries to be fully prescriptive which is admirable however I can see that MartLgn's family pie shop (assuming to be included) might have a few difficulties with things like -

'- perishable food and ingredients (i.e. chilled) ≤ +5°C
- chilled minced meat ≤ +2°C
- cook-chill food and ingredients ≤ +3°C
- ambient foods, e.g. dried food, bread, room temperature (i.e. 10ºC - 20ºC)
- hot food ≥ +63°C'
And -
'Preparation of perishable foods should be carried out under controlled temperatures (≤ 10°C) and/or be completed within 30 minutes followed by immediate ……..'

I know this is Irish spec.but presume the English requirements are similar (too lazy to open up the refs involved).

I didn't see any guidelines for the items left unsold at the end of the day ?

Also, inevitably -

This Guidance Note does not provide information on the introduction and implementation of a food safety management system based on the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP). However, food businesses must comply with the requirements of HACCP covered under the current legislation (5). Relevant staff members, e.g. managers, supervisors should demonstrate an understanding of the principles of HACCP. Consultation is recommended with regulatory authorities, e.g. FSAI on food safety management incorporating HACCP where expertise is required, but not available internally, within the food business. The FSAI has also produced a suite ……

'Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of HACCP…' Hmmm, means what exactly ?.

Also 'Accuracy and calibration of all thermometers should be examined at least annually ……'
Perhaps not the perfect recommendation. Sticking it in thermos / ice water occasionally isn't so hard although my calibration shop claim there is 'ice' and 'their standard ice' . (Most standards & thermocouples target +/- 1degC anyway IMO).
Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users