• 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Jogging, Reading, Stamp Collection, Travelling

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:22 AM

Dear All

:welcome: i have several task need your advise :
1. to handle a warehouse infected by high yeats & mold count, at 2000cfu/100cm3,
and this warehouse is use to store all the primary & secondary packing materials, and in this few days, we found that there are high in yeast & mold count. Do anybody can advise and assist me to give me any idea or better solution to trouble shoot this problem? other do propose sanitize with CLO2 or Sodium hypochloride on the surface area, but i worry it might harm the metals and epoxy floor in the warehouse, and the warehouse just to big to sanitize with normal mopping.

2. We are a food manufacturer producing pastry and Oriental Snack , and we do face a problem on release ethanol into our sewage, we doesn't know that where is this ethanol items came from, we do collect the sewage water afetr the sendimantal tank, but we are not using ethanol inside our production area, we can't solve it since we do not knowing the source of ethanol... do anybody facing the same problem and mind to share?

Hope to hear from you all soon, your advise is appreciated, thanks

Best Regards/Anthony Lee
Hope to hear from you , your advise is much appreciated, thanks.

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:38 AM

Dear Lee:

This is Yong from Malaysia. Welcome for joining us.

Regarding you first question, did you come across using the UV lamp with specific wavelength? But remember, precautionary measure must be taken to prevent any occupational safety issue.

While for second question, just want to know whether the quantity of ethanol is very large? If it is only a small quantity, can that be any by-product from the fermentation of the dough residue somewhere accumulated from the drainage?

FLLee

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Jogging, Reading, Stamp Collection, Travelling

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:38 AM

Dear Mr. YM

UV lamp doesn't work , we do try it out but still can't solve the problem.

The ethanol content is about 20ppm, and the regulation body just allow 10ppb....
1. if the problem is from dough fermentation, then what is the solution?
2. if the problem not from fermentation, then which others source of the ethanol source? will it from the detergent use? since not all company disclose their actual breakdown. And one of the active agent is ethaolamine or diethanolamine, will this elements breakdown to ethanol after any chemical reaction ?

Hope to get you all advise.

Thanks/Best Regards FL Lee

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:12 AM

Dear Mr. YM

UV lamp doesn't work , we do try it out but still can't solve the problem.

The ethanol content is about 20ppm, and the regulation body just allow 10ppb....
1. if the problem is from dough fermentation, then what is the solution?
2. if the problem not from fermentation, then which others source of the ethanol source? will it from the detergent use? since not all company disclose their actual breakdown. And one of the active agent is ethaolamine or diethanolamine, will this elements breakdown to ethanol after any chemical reaction ?

Hope to get you all advise.

Thanks/Best Regards FL Lee

Can anybody help FL Lee on this one?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users