Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:14 PM

Hi all,

How to comply with the requirements of ISO22k standard section 5.2 related to;

1. Food safety policy is appropriate to the role of the organization in food chain and,
2. Food safety policy adequately addresses communication (ref. to relevant clause)

Can someone share his/her audit experience on these requirements?

Regards.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:59 PM

Hi all,

How to comply with the requirements of ISO22k standard section 5.2 related to;

1. Food safety policy is appropriate to the role of the organization in food chain and,
2. Food safety policy adequately addresses communication (ref. to relevant clause)

Can someone share his/her audit experience on these requirements?

Regards.

Hi Jahanzeb, maybe you could look at this old topic for starters:

Measurable Objectives for a Food Safety Policy

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Jahanzeb

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:03 AM

Hi Simon,

Thnx for the link, there I found a sample food safety policy and docs related to measurable FSOs. It has reinforced my view over the FS policy and objectives. However, based on the experience of auditors in this forum, can we visualise the boundaries of "appropriate to the role in food chain" and "adequately addresses the communication". I faced this question during my audits from the clients who implemented a management system for the first time esp. a FSMS. My response was that its directly related to the food sector in which the org. is operating and the type of activity the organization is undertaking. And for communication, they need to provide a clear framework that how they are ensuring effective implementation of the requirements of internal and external communication.

rgrds.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:12 PM

Hi Simon,

Thnx for the link, there I found a sample food safety policy and docs related to measurable FSOs. It has reinforced my view over the FS policy and objectives. However, based on the experience of auditors in this forum, can we visualise the boundaries of "appropriate to the role in food chain" and "adequately addresses the communication". I faced this question during my audits from the clients who implemented a management system for the first time esp. a FSMS. My response was that its directly related to the food sector in which the org. is operating and the type of activity the organization is undertaking. And for communication, they need to provide a clear framework that how they are ensuring effective implementation of the requirements of internal and external communication.

rgrds.

Glad the link was of some use to you.

Would anyone (FSMS auditor preferably) care to address Jahanzeb's further queries.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users