• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to join the ISO9001:2000 with HACCP?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Mohamed NEGM

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:FSSC
    ISO 22000:2005
    HACCP
    Food Technology
    Traceability
    Food Safety
    Global BRC
    GFSI

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

Dear Simon,
I want to know how to join the ISO9001:2000 with HACCP?. Most of the egyptian factories had the ISO9001 and implemented the HACCP. So, they want to join the both standards and is that equal the ISO 22000

MNegm, Ph.D.
Food Safety Expert
EGYPTIAN FOOD SAFETY INFORMATION CENTER
Certified LEAD AUDITOR

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

Dear Simon,
I want to know how to join the ISO9001:2000 with HACCP?. Most of the egyptian factories had the ISO9001 and implemented the HACCP. So, they want to join the both standards and is that equal the ISO 22000

If I hear you right Mohamed you want to know if ISO 9001 and HACCP are enough to satisfy ISO 22000 requirements? I don't think so, but I will leave it to the experts. :whistle:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Erasmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:13 PM

Dear Simon,

The best way to integrate 9001 and HACCP is using the guide ISO-15161:2001.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:04 AM

The best way to integrate 9001 and HACCP is using the guide ISO-15161:2001.

Thanks Erasmo, but let's be clear this will not be enough to satisfy the requirements of ISO 22000 - will it?

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

MartLgn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 155 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:11 AM

Thanks Erasmo, but let's be clear this will not be enough to satisfy the requirements of ISO 22000 - will it?

It certainly will not, that is an important point to make, there has been a temptation to think that due to the similar structure of ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 that bolting HACCP onto 9001 will somehow allow compliance with 22000 which it of course would not. There was a thread which wandered into this topic back in January.
ISO 22K

Edited by MartLgn, 04 June 2007 - 09:15 AM.

Why put off until tomorrow that which you can avoid doing altogether ?

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

Dear Mohamed NEGM:

I personally think that, if you already have ISO 9001 and HACCP, then you can incorporate the relevant clauses into one manual and do some minor amendment to the content of that manual (I assume that you have a well documented GMP related procedure). When you do this, try to link the related clauses to the ISO 9001 standard and HACCP as well as your procedure, SSOP and records etc.

Similar thing also apply to ISO 22000 except you need to add some clauses or procedure e.g. emergency preparedness, operational PRP and etc.

Please correct me if I am wrong. TQ

Erasmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

Simon

No. it is not enough. there is some requirements that are not in the guide. e.g.
5.7 Emergency preparedness and response.
7.2 PRP's
7.10.4 Recalls
8.2 Validations (you can not exclude clause 7.5.2 of ISO-9001 if you have control measures)
7.5 Operational PRP
5.6.1 External communications.
and of course... Food Safety Policy and Food Safety Objectives.

Saludos.

Mohamed NEGM

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:FSSC
    ISO 22000:2005
    HACCP
    Food Technology
    Traceability
    Food Safety
    Global BRC
    GFSI

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:48 AM

Dear All,

thanks a lot for the great replys. But I still want to know for the manual shall I merge the ISO 9001 with the HACCP manual in one to cover the ISO 22000.
Also, for the 3rd part audit Cert. Body the checklist for ISO9001 + HACCP = ISO22000

waiting your replys :uhm:

MNegm, Ph.D.
Food Safety Expert
EGYPTIAN FOOD SAFETY INFORMATION CENTER
Certified LEAD AUDITOR

MartLgn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 155 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:28 PM

thanks a lot for the great replys. But I still want to know for the manual shall I merge the ISO 9001 with the HACCP manual in one to cover the ISO 22000.

Mohamed.
No you shouldn't !! :thumbdown:

I'm a little confused by your wish to add HACCP to an ISO9001 manual, if you intend to use this to satisfy an ISO22000 audit then please don't ! Im afraid that you will fail. ISO9001 contains virtually nothing of any relevance to ISO22000 and as has been stated several times already adding HACCP to an ISO 9001 manual does not and never will give you compliance with ISO22000. The similarity in structure between the 2 standards hides completely different aims which although complimentary are not interchangeable. 9001 has no Food Safety aims and 22000 has no Quality aims ( beyond the satisfaction of un-poisoned consumers) What would be the point of IS0 22000 if they were ? :dunno:

Why put off until tomorrow that which you can avoid doing altogether ?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users