• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

Dear all,

In the FSMS audit summary report, two classifications namely EAC code and NACE code( I remember some one in the forum had 'forewarned' about EAC code - about SGS I think - some days back). Looking for details in the net I am getting more confused ... :unsure: Then they talk about SIC code being replaced by EAC. Can any one throw some light on these and their significance with respect to certification/accreditation? :helpplease:

Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

Suzuki

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:22 AM

Its about scope registration when certification is recommended by your auditor or granted by your CB

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

In the FSMS audit summary report, two classifications namely EAC code and NACE code( I remember some one in the forum had 'forewarned' about EAC code - about SGS I think - some days back). Looking for details in the net I am getting more confused ... :unsure: Then they talk about SIC code being replaced by EAC. Can any one throw some light on these and their significance with respect to certification/accreditation? :helpplease:
Best Regards,

A Sankara Narayanan

Mmm I'll have a go.

EAC is the new coding of European Accreditation of Certification, these codes have been adopted by UKAS. I think EAC means European Activity Code (unsure). I think SIC means Sector Industry Code. I think Certification Bodies are only allowed to carry out audits on companies where they have the relevant industry sector code under their scope of accreditation.

Am I right?

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Gavinova

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Japan
    Japan

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:28 AM

Mmm I'll have a go.

EAC is the new coding of European Accreditation of Certification, these codes have been adopted by UKAS. I think EAC means European Activity Code (unsure). I think SIC means Sector Industry Code. I think Certification Bodies are only allowed to carry out audits on companies where they have the relevant industry sector code under their scope of accreditation.

Am I right?

Simon

Yes, you are right.

Additionally, Certification Bodies must send out auditors that have proven competency in the particular industry code.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:23 AM

Yes, you are right.

Additionally, Certification Bodies must send out auditors that have proven competency in the particular industry code.

Thank you Gavinova.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users