• 0 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:15 AM

DIS 22000 Page Number 3

Header 3 Terms And Definitions

3.10 Food Safety Hazard
Biological,chemical or pysical agent in, or ondition of,food with the potential to cause and adverse health effect

NOTE1: Addepted from reference (5)

NOTE2: The term "hazard" should not be confused with the term "risk" which in the ontext of food safety means a function of probability of an adverse health effect (e.g. becoming diseased) and the severity ıf that effect (death, hospitalization, absence of work etc.) when exposed to a specific hazard.

NOTE3: Food safety hazards include allergens

NOTE 4 In the context of feed and feed ingredients, relevant food safety hazards are those that may be present in and/or on
feed and feed ingredients and that may subsequently be transferred to food through animal consumption of feed and thus have
the potential to cause an adverse human health effect. In the context of operations other than those directly handling feed and
food (e.g. producers of packaging materials, cleaning agents, etc.), relevant food safety hazards are those that may be directly
or indirectly transferred to food due to the intended use of the provided products and/or services and thus have the potential to
cause an adverse human health effect.

First of all hello everyone, i am working for some resorts in turkey as food safety inspector and food safety team leader. As you imagine in hospitality sector, we got many kind of products and ingredients. For example tinned soy sprouds, salami, sausages, dried friuts, soy souce etc.

In Turkey allergen labelling isn't a legal code yet, and when we started to work on our hazard analysis last year, we make a list which includes some of popular allergens, and putted this list in our restaurants and aware our customers about presence of allergens ("some of our products may include these allergens, if you had any allergic reaction to these foods and food additives before, please get in contact with guest relation dept."). After this point we direct our guest to our guest relation dept. to questionairee allergens. Our guest relation dept. infom our food safety team about situation, whom allergic to these foods and food additives, after this point production process got a protocole about preparation/handling food for allergic persons to prevent allergen cross contamination. Thats all we can do for now. Any comments?

By the way sorry about my bad english

Kind regards

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:09 PM

Hi Gunesyegin, Welcome to the forums. :thumbup:

I'm not well up on allergens but hopefully one of the learned members can help you out.

Your English is great by the way. :clap:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Witch

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:27 PM

("some of our products may include these allergens, if you had any allergic reaction to these  foods and food additives before, please get in contact with guest relation dept."). After this point we direct our guest to our guest relation dept. to questionairee allergens. Our guest relation dept. infom our food safety team about situation, whom allergic to these foods and food additives, after this point  production process got a protocole about preparation/handling food for allergic persons to prevent allergen cross contamination. Thats all we can do for now. Any comments?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey gunesyegin,
do I understand this right: you wait for a reaction?!?
I think, if you have the slightest idea, your products could include allergens, you would do much better to list all these possible contaminats, instead of waiting for illness...!!!
However, you can test possible contaminants in your products. Nearly all listed allergens can be detected via ELISA or PCR methods.

Questions? ;)

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:33 AM

Yes you can test for allergens but just look at the prices.
We were quoted between £80 to £280 per nut type!

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

PSchnittger

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:49 PM

Hi gunesyegin,

if I understand right, you implemented this process to give some head ups to people which have allergic reactions, and not for becoming ISO 22000 certified?
In this case I will say, it is a really good approach!

Mit herzlichen Grüßen/ with kind regards

Peter Schnittger

Nicht das Optimale ist unser Ziel
- sondern der pragmatische Perfektionismus!

QRPS Management Consulting

ISO22000.de
QRPS.de
Lebensmittelforum.info

Koko LMQ

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Thailand
    Thailand

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:44 PM

Hi,

I herewith attach some material from Australian Web. It may useful for our friends.

The way to prevent the cross contamination shall be managed from supplier's site to processing area and then information to customer.

NY

Attached Files

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users