• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:47 AM

Hello to everyone :welcome: ,
My name is Mike and I am the QA manager at a food producing company in Israel.
Last year we were audited for ISO 9001 - HACCP and GMP. We passed all the audits.
At the end of the ISO 9001/HACCP audit we were informed that our next audit will be on the basis of the ISO 22000 and that the HACCP was no longer being used. We were not left any options.
I have recently learned that this is not the case, and that if we wish to carry on as we are with the 9001 - HACCP then we can. It appears that the auditing company has lost their rights to audit HACCP and are moving clients to ISO 22000. If we wish to stay with our 9001 - HACCP then we just need to find another auditing company.
I would appreciate any feedback on this subject and to see if anyone else has had the same experience.
Thanks,
Best wishes,
Mike
Israel

Edited by stighunky, 17 August 2007 - 06:47 AM.

Great comeback for computer problems - P.I.C.N.I.C
Problem in chair - not in computer

Gaskit

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 106 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Jamaica
    Jamaica

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:44 AM

Hi Mike,

Welcome, is the MASH bar still there (top end of deisengof in Tel Aviv)??

Regards,

Steve

I know God will not give me anything I cann't handle, I just wish that he didn't trust me so much.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

Hello to everyone :welcome: ,
My name is Mike and I am the QA manager at a food producing company in Israel.
Last year we were audited for ISO 9001 - HACCP and GMP. We passed all the audits.
At the end of the ISO 9001/HACCP audit we were informed that our next audit will be on the basis of the ISO 22000 and that the HACCP was no longer being used. We were not left any options.
I have recently learned that this is not the case, and that if we wish to carry on as we are with the 9001 - HACCP then we can. It appears that the auditing company has lost their rights to audit HACCP and are moving clients to ISO 22000. If we wish to stay with our 9001 - HACCP then we just need to find another auditing company.
I would appreciate any feedback on this subject and to see if anyone else has had the same experience.
Thanks,
Best wishes,
Mike
Israel

Hi Mike, Unless the auditor is from the Israeli government and there are legal requirements to have Iso 22000 in place (which I doubt very much). Tell him / her to go forth and multiply. If ISO 9001 + HACCP satisfies your current and future customers then stick with what you've got and get another audit company. That said ISO 22000 may be the direction your current and future customers are heading. I would ask a few questions if I were you.
:welcome:
Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Naing

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Myanmar
    Myanmar

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:57 AM

Dear Mike

It is similar to my current situation. We are currently ISO 9001:2000 and HACCP certified and due date is in the next year, 2008.We are not forced to switch over to ISO 22000:2005 but we decided to go for ISO 22000 in the next audit to stay ahead.

My suggestion is, if your trade is in export business you should consider to achieve ISO 22000:2005.

Naing

stighunky

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

Hello all,
Well here is an interesting update. After having closely questioned the auditing firm as to their statement that the moveover to ISO 2000 was mandatory because of the HACCP standard was being cancelled I got a reply saying that " just today we had a meeting with the health ministry and we can continue to audit the company and receive the HACCP certification"

I must admit that this throws a bit of doubt on the auditing companies methods of misleading clients into working towards the 22000 accreditation unneccesarily.

I hope that if anyone else falls into the same trap that they thoroughly check their options and realise that the ball is the hands of the company and to not allow the auditors to mislead them.

Thanks to the people who replied and gave me great advice. I look forward to more interesting posts. Great site.
Regards,
Mike - Israel :thumbup:

Great comeback for computer problems - P.I.C.N.I.C
Problem in chair - not in computer

Suzuki

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

Hi Mike

I recently spoke to an organization who had the same predicament. They were also at a loss until I directed then to this web site.

Clearly, Auditors who are working with CBs are generally hand in gloves. This is very sad and is apparently widely practiced across Asia where people are gullible and ignorant. I had encouraged the party to lodge a complaint to the respective AB.

I hope others will come forward and name the culprit on the internet. In this case it was SGS - shame on you!

Regards
Suzuki

moshes

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hello all,
Well here is an interesting update. After having closely questioned the auditing firm as to their statement that the moveover to ISO 2000 was mandatory because of the HACCP standard was being cancelled I got a reply saying that " just today we had a meeting with the health ministry and we can continue to audit the company and receive the HACCP certification"

I must admit that this throws a bit of doubt on the auditing companies methods of misleading clients into working towards the 22000 accreditation unneccesarily.

I hope that if anyone else falls into the same trap that they thoroughly check their options and realise that the ball is the hands of the company and to not allow the auditors to mislead them.

Thanks to the people who replied and gave me great advice. I look forward to more interesting posts. Great site.
Regards,
Mike - Israel :thumbup:

Hi Mike,
I think you have been misleaded once again. The health authorities in Israel never asked for ISO 22000 instead of the HACCP. Moreover they always have accepted either the ISO 22000 or the HACCP as a part of their requirments for Companies asking for a "GMP MARK".
I suggest you contact the health autorities and see for yourself, that they did not change their policy since the Standard was issued in 2005. Then you can go back to your certification body and ask for a better answer or maybe an excuse for the way they treat their clients.
Regards,
Moshes

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users