• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Oman
    Oman

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:23 AM

Hi all

I think one of the challenges of implementation iso 22000 and other standards, is the competency of the auditor, for example in iso 22000 he should have enough knowledge about food science and its manufacturing lines.

What do you think ??

MartLgn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 155 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

Couldn't agree more ! If you look back to early posts on ISO22000 there was some discussion on the competancy of auditors. Some contributors had concerns that auditors with background in QMS were being given a brief introduction to Food Hygiene as an add on and then being sent out to carry out audits to ISO 22000 whereas many people felt that the auditors should be 'Food people' .

Why put off until tomorrow that which you can avoid doing altogether ?

Suzuki

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:55 PM

Absolutely, you certainly do not want to smell the "engineering stuff" all over you when you should be talking food science and process controls.

You might hear stuff like "How do you engineer your food" rather than "I need to verify the effectiveness of your process control combinations"......that could be fun!

Suzuki

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:54 AM

Is there still a shortage of competent auditors for ISO 22000?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

infoiqc

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 79 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Israel
    Israel

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:24 AM

Section 7.2.4 of ISO/TS 22003 has quite strict requirements for ISO 22000 auditors including post secondary education in general microbiology and general biochemistry, HACCP and food safety management just for starters. In addition they must be certified for the category in which they audit which requires post secondary education, work experience and audit experience in that specific category.

Best regards,
Gail Silverman
IQC
Israel

YASER

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates
  • Interests:1 - Food Safety System Designing <br />2 - Quality and Food Safety Auditing <br />3 - Quality and Food Safety Training

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

I will definitly agree with abdulhamid because food processing is a spacialized field and lot of sectors are involved inbetween. Even one food technologist can not be the expert in related technologies.

If the auditor is not having a food science backgrond, how he / she can understand the technical issues. HACCP study is not a simple matter and auditors are there to verify. How we can say the verfiier competence is not important.

Regards / Yaser
Food Safety & Quality Consultants

Ashi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:44 AM

Dear Yaser,

i do agree with your Quote.

Asheef

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

Section 7.2.4 of ISO/TS 22003 has quite strict requirements for ISO 22000 auditors including post secondary education in general microbiology and general biochemistry, HACCP and food safety management just for starters. In addition they must be certified for the category in which they audit which requires post secondary education, work experience and audit experience in that specific category.

Best regards,
Gail Silverman
IQC
Israel

Thanks Gail. Well that counts me out. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users