Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:16 PM

The sun is shining and the birds are singing today and I'm feeling in a charitable mood so what better way to satisfy my urges than to give away a £25 (or equivalent chosen currency) Amazon token in the Saferpak summer competition - The Great Guru Giveaway

Competition Rules:

1. Study the illustrious line-up below and identify the 'full name' of each of the 12 faces
2. Email your Answers and Forum Member Name to guru@saferpak.com
3. Closing date for entries 31 July 2003
4. The Saferpak super-computer will carry out a draw of all correct entries to select the competition winner on 01 August 2003
5. The winner will be notified by email immediately following the draw
6. The winners details will also be published on this thread
7. Competition open to forum members only
8. Only one entry per member
9. The Editors decision is final

Posted Image

Good luck and happy researching!

If you have any queries or comments please post them in here.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 June 2003 - 09:41 PM

Hello,

Judging by the miserable number of entries received so far indicates that either the competition is a tad difficult or the members of the forum are all extremely wealthy.

OK so it's not easy - but if nobody gets all twelve correct and that's looking increasingly likely then a count-back will be initiated to determine the winner.

Come on give it a go - you don't realise how few you need to know!

Simon
:blink:

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:11 PM

It's the end of July so its time to close the floodgates on The Great Guru Giveaway competition, and in this case 'giveaway' is definitely the operative word. There was a spectacular lack of entries, in fact so low that we didn't even have to boot up The Saferpak Super-Computer (BOB) in order to determine the winner (at least that saved on the electricity).

Nobody managed to identify all twelve of the gurus so a count-back did ensue and the fellow who made the bestest effort and achieved the highest score with a very respectable 9 out of 12 was:

Jim Wade
Posted Image

Jim's answers below with the ones missed in red:

1. W Edwards Deming
2. Claus Moller
3. Walter Shewart
4. Shigeo Shingo
5. Genichi Taguchi
6. Kurt Lewin
7. Kaoru Ishikawa
8. Armand Feigenbaum
9. John Oakland
10. Philip Crosby
11. Kawakito Jiro
12. Joseph Juran

Posted Image

I'm sure you would all like to join me in congratulating Jim on his tremendous achievement. Hopefully Jim will grace us with a winners speech and tell us what he plans to do with his fabulous prize.

Simon
:rolleyes:

Jim Wade

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 123 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:All aspects of continual improvement

Posted 06 August 2003 - 01:47 AM

Hopefully Jim will grace us with a winners speech and tell us what he plans to do with his fabulous prize.

Gee

This is so unexpected.

I'd like to thank Simon for giving me this chance at fame, the internet for helping fill in a few of the blanks, all the gurus (defined as 'chief theoreticians of cults or sects') for some good stuff amongst all the padding, Homer Sarasohn for being left out (again) - and, of course, my Mom and Dad for making it all possible.

Thanks, Simon. I'm into Open Space Technology at the moment so a further book on that subject is a possibility. On the other hand, I may go frivolous and go for one of the longstanding items on my Amazon wishlist: Richard Rogers ballets - including the great Slaughter on 10th Avenue? another Jacques Tati film?

We shall see.

rgds Jim

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users