• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:19 AM

hi all,
this is Aegean , I read some of your topics relating to incident manag. requirements stated in 22K clause5.7.

ı want to bring up it again.
as most of us did, we already have a glass breakacge procedure,product recall procedure etc.but know, that incident management procedure came up. so since product recall and glass breakacge etc. all may included into an emergency list (but having a difference that being occured with some likelihoods).
is it logic to collect up all these in the same crisis management procedure?
or since some act of god cases are called as unknown ; do we have to seperade them?
sorry to bring up this issue again :biggrin:
the next is ;
do we also have to make a risk assessment ,ı mean do we have to indicate a level for the emergency cases?

how luck we are that the 22000 doesnt requirie a review for these procedures :thumbup:

regards

Aegean

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:37 AM

Dear Aegean,

Not a user myself however regarding yr 2nd query, I saw this brief viewpoint some time ago -

Attached File  Emergency_preparedness_and_response_.doc   25KB   718 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

Esther

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain
  • Interests:Local and international food law; food industrial processes; food safety management systems;GMP; lean manufacturing; share knowledge

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

Dear Aegean

Regarding your first question/comment what I would first do is to establish what you are going to consider as " incident".

What do the other member think?

My doubt: would it be possible, and correct, to consider all incidents as " non conformities" ?

Best regards

Esther

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:44 AM

I Agree with Esther. Brainstorm the potential incidents, assess their likelihood and severity and implement prevention, control, contingency measures as appropriate. If you wanted to start to brainstorm a list of potential incidents for your particular process - first tell us what it is. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

okido

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 205 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:54 AM

Hi Aegean,

Incidents are power cuts, water flooding, sewage problems.
All these things that are not likely to happen, but be prepared in case.

Have a nice day, Okido

Aegean

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:02 AM

thanks all and sorry to reply so late.

The crisis manag. will wait a little and be my further step to cope with :)
Now I am working on improving the internal gmp(op as you call) audit system .

I wil have questions in very very sonner I think ;)
Thanks again and by the way here we process the Sultanas/Raisins ,Simon .

regards
bilge

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:26 AM

Hmmm, interesting question - what is a crisis? Part of me is longing to say "food safety issue that the customer might find out about" lol! Although thinking about it, it's not a bad starting point - what I mean is a glass incident which is well controlled and product hasn't left site is not a crisis. Glass found in your product in a supermarket or realising you have an issue just as the product has left the factory is a crisis (believe me, I've actually been there, the glass in rice thing hit us.)

But it doesn't just have to stop at food safety, it could include terrorism risks, flooding etc. I've just looked in our crisis manual though for a definition and it says

"a crisis is any event or information which:
poses a threat to health
stops normal running of the factory or office
threatens an illegal act against product, premises or people
involves unwanted media attention or the potential for unwanted media attention"

Then it lists examples, e.g. flood, power loss, allergen product despatched incorrectly, deliberate contamination etc.

All we use it as really though is a list of contacts for out of hours / absence if someone junior was on site and didn't know what to do, also recall forms with our customers.

Esther

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain
  • Interests:Local and international food law; food industrial processes; food safety management systems;GMP; lean manufacturing; share knowledge

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

Hello all

After reading your answers I would say that the clause 5.7 refers to " potencial emergencies", other than those triggered by a product recall. Since there are quite a lot of emergencies we could think about, the sensitive thing would be to establish procedures only for those which are likely to occur wherever the product is manufactured or storaged.

So, I would write down the glass breakage and recall procedures individually

sincerely
Esther

Aegean

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:57 AM

Dear Esther ;

glass and recall procedures are also written for how to act in these emergency cases.
It is the same with the other emergency cases can be called as crisis.
So , they are all incidents and happenings that may be happen at the factory.
But since recall deals with specific happenings like (foreign body in the produs, allergen , wrong labelling etc.) yes, I also would write an individual procedure to refer in these king of incidents . I mean you will not need any recall after an earthquake etc:))

I hope I could express it ..
To me; I would do ;
-list all the possible incidents may occur and effect the product and human health.
-make the risk assessment and define an action plan (corrective action )
-in some cases like glass particle, allergen particle in the product etc; refer directly to recall procedure you've already done .

what do all you think ?

all the best :bye:

aegean

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users