• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:52 PM

Hello,

I work in a factory with the HACCP implemented and I want to implemet the ISO 22000. The Food Safety Team requested by the ISO 22000 is the same as HACCP Team?

Many thanks,
Filipa

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

Hello,

I work in a factory with the HACCP implemented and I want to implemet the ISO 22000. The Food Safety Team requested by the ISO 22000 is the same as HACCP Team?

Many thanks,
Filipa

I would guess so Filipa. What are the requirements for the food safety team as mentioned in the ISO 22000 Standard. Does / can your current HACCP team meet with the requirements?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

filipa

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:51 PM

Many thans for you reply, Simon.

I will need to analyse in detail the requirements of the Food Safety Team, but I think that it will be the same as the HACCP Team.

Filipa

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:55 AM

Dear filipa:

Yes, it is the same only the terminology is a little bit different.

Yong

filipa

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

many thanks, Yong.

duente

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:mountains, bicycles, capoeira, yoga and being positive!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

Yes it is the same! Here in Greece the Auditors demands that at list one of the team members should have food science background.

excellens

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Dominican Republic
    Dominican Republic

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:06 AM

I disagree.

Because you may have different HACCP teams for different products. The Haccp team can be assembled for a specific task and may include operators, supervisors, etc. While the Food Safety team verifies the whole system.

a_andhika

Generally Recognized As Sane

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:30 AM

I disagree. Because you may have different HACCP teams for different products. The Haccp team can be assembled for a specific task and may include operators, supervisors, etc. While the Food Safety team verifies the whole system.

Dear Excellens,

Perhaps the HACCP Team in your term is different from what mentioned by other members. I agreed with the other members, because that what was happen in our company. We are in lack of (qualified) personels, that have adequate knowledge about FSMS. So some of ISO 22K Team would join in HACCP Team, to conduct the HACCP Plan and make sure it implemented with well.

As for the HACCP Team on your point of view, I guess in my company it named as "HACCP Executor". It consists of Helpers, Operators, Supervisors, and Technicians. They must be acknowledged well if CCP occur on their section. And the role of HACCP Team is to sosialize the HACCP Plan to them, and verified whether it implemented well or no. Any other opinion from other members?

Regards,

Arya

IF
safety and quality means perfection
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

Everyone is right. The structure can be different from organization to organization, the structure is affected by many thing such as size of company, human resource availability, expertise availability, culture etc. One thing is for sure operators who do the job should be involved with HACCP at product level and maybe even bigger picture level.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Penard

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 171 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France
  • Interests:Literature : novels, Sci-Fi, thrillers; Rowing; Personal and Professional travels

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

Yes, but I think you're quite lucky in a small factory when you succeed in having a Haccp team.

From time to time it appears that the food safety manager is the only one member , employees, production chief...only support you for precise points but not for all the process. Nevertheless it's better than nothing,
I know some factories which only copy/ paste a Haccp study to try to be compliant with relevant legislation (what a pity...)

regards,

Emmanuel.

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

Hi!

Does anyone have a problem with team members changing often due to high staff turnover?? Has it affected you in any way??

In my team, we have a minimum of 1 - 2 people re-signing at least every 6 months to 1 year. As a result, each new member has to be trained, given time to settle with the work environment and become familiarized with the operations.

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Penard

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 171 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France
  • Interests:Literature : novels, Sci-Fi, thrillers; Rowing; Personal and Professional travels

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

Right the turnovers in factories can involve a lot of issues; but the most important one is when the manager/ leader/ production chief changes.

An Haccp team means a 'return on investment', sometimes it's so difficult to succeed in convincing all the members that when one of them leaves the factory you're quite...stressful :angry: !

Emmanuel.

a_andhika

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

Right the turnovers in factories can involve a lot of issues; but the most important one is when the manager/ leader/ production chief changes. An Haccp team means a 'return on investment', sometimes it's so difficult to succeed in convincing all the members that when one of them leaves the factory you're quite...stressful :angry: ! Emmanuel.

Dear Penard,

Yups, its absolutely annoying when a person who related closely to the system suddenly resigning... But I must say... It much better than you having a lot of team member, but only few of your members that really committed to the system. Believe me, it much more stressfull and tiring...:p Lack of manpower is uncomparable with lack of will...

As for Jean, IMO, you need to determine, which one who shows high enthusiasm and commitment, S/he should be (and properly) placed on the core team. As for the position that doesnt need high tense... Well.. you may consider to put someone who didnt care enough to the system into that position (sounds like self-dissapointment?).

Regards,

Arya

IF
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:34 AM

Dear Penard and Arya,

Thanks for your thoughts.

As for Jean, IMO, you need to determine, which one who shows high enthusiasm and commitment, S/he should be (and properly) placed on the core team. As for the position that doesnt need high tense... Well.. you may consider to put someone who didnt care enough to the system into that position (sounds like self-dissapointment?).

In the beginning all the team members were equally thrilled and motivated to get the certification done. Each member was given recognitions. The same spirit continued for another 6 months but at times they tend to relax till there is a strong shrug from my side. In our team there are few people who (I believe) will be committed and stay on for few years but the skills and competency varies. The competent and active ones are the ones who tend to jump out more often, this is my disappointment. That’s how the hospitality industry is and one has to accept and expect it. The new members are excited when they are given training and responsibilities but as it becomes a routine part, the enthusiasm tends to decrease.

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

a_andhika

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

Dear Jean,

For Admin/moderators, with all my respect, I hope this post didnt went too far from the original topic...

Jean, I think we are facing the same problems here... Actually... Right now... I cant tell the different which member who really getting bored because the system routinity, or who the one that really dont give a d**n care with the system... Well, I dont want to be a self-righteous person, but isnt it all about Team Work? Whats the meaning of a great-sophisticated-updated-well knowned system, but only few of your member that know (read:care) about it?

Has anyone ever felt like this? Would you share with us? Oh yeah, and one more thing. IMO, the lack of will possibly because the System Team (ISO 22k, HACCP, 6 Sigma, you name it), is only considered as a Secondary Job, not the Primary. Perhaps it would be very good if our performance in the System Team is considered as one of our KPI. So dont expect to get a good salary raise if you failed in your audit...:)

Regards,

Arya

IF
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

vecdika

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

Dear Excellens,

I agree with you.

ISO 22000 is food safety management system based on system.
HACCP is one of the food safety method based on product in the view of CodexAC.

therefore your approach is right. If your farm commitment say;"the term for HACCP Team identification can cover the all product responsibility". you can use only one HACCP Team like ISO 22000 Food Safety Team.

Best Regards
Vecdi Karacaoğlu
www.nevgrup.com.tr

Edited by vecdika, 10 July 2008 - 01:27 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users