• Quick Navigation

Lulusar Lake near the Naran Valley

Lulusar Lake near the Naran Valley

Lulusar is group of mountains near the Naran Valley in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. It is famous for the large lake situated there which is a popular tourist attraction. The word "sar" means "top" or "peak" in Pashto. It is located at a height of 11,200 ft (3,410 m) above sea level.

The lake is the main source of the Kunhar river, which flows through the entire Kaghan Valley through Jalkhand, Naran Valley, Kaghan, Jared, Paras and Balakot until it joins the Jhelum River. The lake is 48 kilometers away from Naran.

The lake is much bigger than other lakes around the valley, and is surrounded by snowcapped hills, making it a natural tourist attraction. From Gittidas, the Naran-Babusar road, one of the highest in the world, goes through the Babusar Pass to Gilgit. In the summer, when the water reflects its surroundings like a mirror, a large number of both domestic and international visitors make the lake a destination stop.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lulusar)

It looks just like somehere in the English pennines or lake district.
    Hi Simon, Thanks for compliments. Alas! I have not seen all there charming locations by myself. I become happy just by seeing them in pictures.