Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2021 - 08:01 AM

Morning all, we have a 'free-from' audit with Sainsbury's coming up and I wondered if anybody had a sampling plan (for gluten) that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Evans X.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 325 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Food safety, Lab quality, Reading, Online&board gaming, Movies&series, Basketball.

Posted 18 March 2021 - 12:18 PM

Greetings Blue Ian,

There is no specific sampling plan for gluten. As with almost everything you put up in your sampling plan and its frequency it derives either from legislation (eg potable water) or from a risk analysis. So, what you could do is make a RA for said parameter and take into account things like supplier trust (through audits or letter of conformances or certification or combinations of these), possibility of cross-contamination with products that are not gluten-free in various steps of your processes (from the receiving of raw materials to the end product), ease of cross-contamination cause some raw materials can be easily mixed up due to their nature/collection method/storage/transportation (not talking about adulteration) and lastly adulteration history of your raw materials.

All or some of these (or others that I haven't thought of) suggestions will eventually give you a frequency for your sampling plan. In my experience an auditor is happier when you can back up your sampling plan with some data that you took into account rather than free-setting it which makes it open to a lot of usually unwanted discussion.

To be clear you can't end up with no need for sampling at all !!!

Hope it helps!

Edited by Evans X., 18 March 2021 - 12:18 PM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:37 PM

Morning all, we have a 'free-from' audit with Sainsbury's coming up and I wondered if anybody had a sampling plan (for gluten) that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Sometimes a specific sampling plan can be derived but the first step is to define what you are sampling from (eg Lot) and for what purpose (eg to estimate average % X).

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

AJL

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 336 posts
  • 21 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 15 October 2023 - 07:14 PM

Hi! 

I just tried to send you a message and it said you can't use the messaging system? 

:(

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users