shivendratripathi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:13 PM

Dear Simon,
In contamination control we have identified various contaminants that can be a food safety hazard. One of them is "dust from the environment". While doing the Hazard analysis I am noting that unless it is the lamination or slitting or packing or pouching line does this dust presence assume significance.
In case of printing, i am finding that dust in ink introduced from the atmosphere is not likely to be of any consequence. Is that the case? Similar instance like splinter from wooden pallet or flakes of paint from the machine are of no consequence as they do not introduce any hazard? :oops:

regards

Shivendra :dunno:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:38 PM

Dear Simon,
In contamination control we have identified various contaminants that can be a food safety hazard. One of them is "dust from the environment". While doing the Hazard analysis I am noting that unless it is the lamination or slitting or packing or pouching line does this dust presence assume significance.
In case of printing, i am finding that dust in ink introduced from the atmosphere is not likely to be of any consequence. Is that the case? Similar instance like splinter from wooden pallet or flakes of paint from the machine are of no consequence as they do not introduce any hazard?  :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shivendra

It's difficult to say with any confidence without seeing your factory. If there is excessive dust you have to question whether your cleaning schedules are as effective as they should be. Refer to section 5.5 Housekeeping and Cleaning for more detail.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users