- - - - -

swhammad

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:11 AM

I'm starting this new project to dilute flavours and repack them in 1 Ltr bottles.

My concern is about the quality control tests that I can perform, does anyone have any idea about this matter and if anyone can suggest a reference with such experience.

Do you think a simple CIP will be good enough to clean mixing tanks and leave no (after taste) ??

thank you

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

Dear Swhammad,

Do you think a simple CIP will be good enough to clean mixing tanks and leave no (after taste) ??

IMEX from CSD, 5 step CIP is usually done when changeover takes place in the production line and 3 step is done when the same process runs for a longer period.

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Hongyun

Finger Lickin' Good

• IFSQN Member
  • 241 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:44 AM

Hi Swhammad,

Since it is a diluted flavor, CIP is probably good enough to wash away the smell.

But to be on the safe side, it's good to open up the mixing tank before the next batch and try to sniff from the air within the tank. If you can still detect smell from previous batch, it's better to wash again.

Alternatively, after CIP, you can do a rinsing (with water) and discharge a portion of the water to drink/gargle. You should be able to taste or smell if the mixing tank is not cleaned properly.

For laboratory analysis, you can use a GC machine to identify the individual flavor chemicals in your product. If it is contaminated, you should observe additional peaks or higher peaks if the dilution is done wrongly.

Here's a link on Food Analysis.

"World Community Grid made it possible for us to analyze in one day the number of specimens that would take approximately 130 years to complete using a traditional computer."

- Dr. David J. Foran, professor and lead researcher at The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.

Join our LinkedIn Group! >> <<

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

I'm starting this new project to dilute flavours and repack them in 1 Ltr bottles.

My concern is about the quality control tests that I can perform, does anyone have any idea about this matter and if anyone can suggest a reference with such experience.

thank you

Dear swhammad:
cip process make carefully and handled adherence from the technition .
so when you start cip you must follow with the steps
step by step and dont cut down the time during running cip.
firstly start to clean mixing tank by rinsing water for 2 minutes ,then clean by lay (NaOH)or soda for 15 minituse atumaticly befor soda on 70 c (temprature of soda used for clean).
third step rinsing water to clean the tanke from leftover of soda.
fourth step is to clean by acid for 15 minutes(60c),acid reaction with food protein and cosequant dissolve it .
fifth step rinsing by warm water .hot water used in the last step after rinsing water .

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:20 AM

thank you

IMO... Flavor have spesific number for refractive index.. so you can use refractometer to control your tank after cleaning.. but you have to define the standard first...

Process CIP need detergen to remove soil.. Base detergen need to remove organic matter and Acid need to remove Anorganic matter.. and Water need to rinse both of detergen there are 3 rinse process, first rinse to remove any soil, intermediate rinse to clean base or acid from your line, and final rinse to clean and sanitize your line...

And IMO you need 5 or 3 simple steps CIP to clean and sanitize your line :
1. first Rinse
2. Base detergen
3. Intermediate rinse
4. Acid Detergen
5. Final rrinse

Hope make you clear :thumbup:

sandysoni

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:39 AM

We have also started a new manufacturing plant for producing oleoresins and essential oils using
Supercritical extraction by CO2.

What will be the effective CIP process to be followed before product changeover for oleoresins?

There are 3 extractors and 2 separators. How to clean the complete pipes from the extractors
to separators.

It is very important that the CIP should be done thoroughly. Can ethanol/Methanol be used
in the CIP coz the oils are miscible in alcohol. They will not be remove by water as they do not
dissovle in water.

How to standarize the oleoresins and dilution to be able to sell in retail market.

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:42 AM

We have also started a new manufacturing plant for producing oleoresins and essential oils using
Supercritical extraction by CO2.

What will be the effective CIP process to be followed before product changeover for oleoresins?

There are 3 extractors and 2 separators. How to clean the complete pipes from the extractors
to separators.

It is very important that the CIP should be done thoroughly. Can ethanol/Methanol be used
in the CIP coz the oils are miscible in alcohol. They will not be remove by water as they do not
dissovle in water.

How to standarize the oleoresins and dilution to be able to sell in retail market.

IMO.. Fat/oil can react with alkali (NaOH).. may be you can use alkali for CIP your plant.. But... better you consult with CIP chemical supplier .. I Think they have chemical CIP that suitable for your products...

rgds

AS NUR

sandysoni

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

The plant is in India , Maharastra state

Advantages are :

The SFE process by Aceagro is gentle on raw material.
The procedure gives precise control over extraction of any specific active ingredient
that matches the most demanding customer requirements.
Oils and Oleoresins by SFE are the true essence of herbs and spices.
It is by far the best method to maintain volatile components without any loss in quality.

Biss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

thats interesting, Can you please give us more details about your products and your organisation so that we can understand more your products

Biss

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Dear All,

Maybe more useful to transfer current general comments to this thread (seems some duplication likely otherwise) -

http://www.ifsqn.com...showtopic=12445

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users