• Quick Navigation
Photo

Couldn't find root cause for the non-conformity?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

hi all, 

Is that possible couldn't find/ no root cause for the non-conformity? How should we reply to customer in such a situation? 

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

There is always a root cause or multiple factors. Tell us what went wrong and what you believe was the cause.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Lexter Cruz

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines
  • Interests:FSSC22000, ISO 22000, ISO 90001, HACCP, ISO 17025, Continual Improvement, GSO and SASO, SFDA, Prerequisite Programs,Products Dairy, Dry Mixed Product, Dehydrated Culinary Product, Powdered Beverages, Milk, Pasteurized Fermented Milk, Ice Cream, ice Cream Mixes, Meat Processing, Poultry process, Research and Development on food products.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

Hello Carine,

Would you like to share the details of non conformity so we can help you to analyze the problem then send you tip to find root cause in addition.

Thanks,

Factory Hygienist

Thanked by 1 Member:

Dharmadi Sadeli Putra

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 161 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

Understanding Root Cause Analysis

Attached Files

Thanked by 4 Members:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Pg 50 and 51 of this link have 182 common root causes, maybe it's one of those?

https://servicelink..../Root_Cause.pdf

I've found this very useful for determining root cause depending on the level of detail you want to go to. If you're using FSSC an old favorite of mine used to be "Ineffective Program"Broken glass not replaced  on the floor?  Ineffective Glass program.  Not actually helpful when determining a problem so much as for measuring effectiveness and to trend where your major NCs are coming from.

Edited by magenta_majors, 06 July 2014 - 01:41 PM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 3 Members:

Rudra

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius
  • Interests:Music, reading, surfing, cinema, beach, exercises

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

Hello,

Dealing with clients is a very delicate situation and should be handled wisely. I have faced this in many occasions where I couldnot find the root causes. However, it must be highlighted that in some cases, you cannot communicate a root cause to clients unless you are 100% sure about your client's reaction. In our company we do a lot of QIT (quality investigation team ) whenever there is a non conformity / complaints with complex root cause/s. The fish-bone diagram has been of extreme benefit. Thanks to the member who attached such a beautiful doc.

Sometimes we need to go deeper in the process flow and production floor to understand the source of the problem. You need to work in team (help from different depts). Try this will surely help. But be careful what you gonna communicate to your client.

Rgds,

Rudra

Thanked by 1 Member:

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

There is always a reason why something happens. Be it operator error, poor quality ingredients, machine breakdown.

You need to investigate and find out what happened , and put in actions to stop it occurring again.

Its only insurance companies that use "Acts of God" and get away with it!

Thanked by 1 Member:

monkeyman

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

There is always a root cause or multiple factors. Tell us what went wrong and what you believe was the cause.

I think Simon's point of "what you believe was the cause" is really useful to keep in mind as some times you cannot know what is the actual cause.
You need to show the customer you understand your process and can put corrective actions for the most likely senarios. 

Amrita000

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

hii...we have a complaint of dryness of eggless fruit cake, all the quality and production verifications are up to the standard so how could i write the Non conformity report.please help

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:38 PM

hii...we have a complaint of dryness of eggless fruit cake, all the quality and production verifications are up to the standard so how could i write the Non conformity report.please help

The usual initial procedure is to initially request the return of the product involved to verify the complaint. I assume already done.

It would appear that you don't agree with the complaint.

So presumably there is no root cause to seek.?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users