• Quick Navigation
Photo

Best tubular pasteurizer (HTST) for viscous puree (with pulp)?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Lorin26

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:36 AM

Hello Everyone,

I need to buy a pasteurizer to process fruit puree -viscous + pulp- and I would need some info with regards to the use of this equipment. I would like to perform a HTST on my product. I'm looking into 0.3-0.5t/hour.
Initially, I was thinking to buy a regular tubular heat exchanger but it's way out of my budget (around 20k).
I contacted several suppliers and within my limited budget 15k they came back with me with a coiled pasteuriser. It's a coiled tubular heat exchanger- see pic attached-. Would anyone have experience with this ? How easy is it to clean it ? Do you need other equipments with this?

Also, if you are aware of any other technologies that can fit my purpose I would appreciate it.

Please share experiences.

Thanks,

Lorin

Attached Files

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:26 AM

Hi Lorin,

Please provide manufacturer details and a specification if you want sound advice.

Regards,

Tony

Lelouch_rayne

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 160 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:10 AM

Hi Lorin,

I was thinking, if you really going to process your puree (which is vicious) using Tubular heat exchanger it would give you a hard time cleaning those pipes. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users