• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

Hello,

We are RTE meat processing company and I am working on Business Continuity plan. I have some difficulties with the business continuity exercise and record design.  I am thinking on performing fire drills but I don't how to start and how to record the exercise.

Could you please help me with some ideas or attach some examples of records or procedures.

Thank you in Advance.

Margarita

pooled

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 123 posts
  • 62 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:QA,Health & Safety, GFSI, HACCP, Produce, Surfing

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:45 PM

For my last BCP test we documented the emergency situation, writing down the steps that were taken (eg. evac, head count, responsibilities, quarantine area, alternate procurement, etc.), duration, documented any difficulties we had & had the HACCP Team sign off. This was then presented in the next HACCP meeting & reviewed.

haccpbfs

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

Thank you so much for the provided information. I am wondering whether you have any sample of the record itself?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

Thank you so much for the provided information. I am wondering whether you have any sample of the record itself?

Hi haccpbfs,

Is this for SQF or cfia or ?

Just curious.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

haccpbfs

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:36 PM

Hi Charles,

This is for SQF.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Dr Vu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

haccpbfs the 'law ' of SQF requires you to  acsess how food safety and  quality is impacted.  You can do all the "emergency situation, writing down the steps that were taken (eg. evac, head count, responsibilities, quarantine area, alternate procurement, etc.), duration, documented any difficulties we had & had the HACCP Team sign off " but as long as you havent addressed how food safety/ quality was imapcted - you can still get an NC on this.

make sure each of your possible scenarios address  not only the 'excape plan'  but what you will/ you did with the food/ ingredients/ packaging ; how you accessed for "fit" and who made the decision

A vu in time , saves nine

Thanked by 1 Member:

haccpbfs

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

haccpbfs the 'law ' of SQF requires you to  acsess how food safety and  quality is impacted.  You can do all the "emergency situation, writing down the steps that were taken (eg. evac, head count, responsibilities, quarantine area, alternate procurement, etc.), duration, documented any difficulties we had & had the HACCP Team sign off " but as long as you havent addressed how food safety/ quality was imapcted - you can still get an NC on this.

make sure each of your possible scenarios address  not only the 'excape plan'  but what you will/ you did with the food/ ingredients/ packaging ; how you accessed for "fit" and who made the decision

Dr Vu , thank you for the detailed explanation.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users