• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

Hi,

We are getting substantial building work carried out at the moment and we have taken temporary storage at an adjacent factory for storing some packing boxes and engineering parts.

For the audit would monthly factory inspection visits and an inclusion in my HACCP plan be enough or do I need to include it in my scope also

Thanks, Ali

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

Good Afternoon Ali,

The Protocol at the back of the Standard has the relevant clause - Part 3 Section 1.6.5

The key aspect is whether you are managing/owning the storage operation. If you are, your next BRC audit will include an inspection of the warehouse unless it is more than 50km away. 

If it is subcontracted, you treat it as a supplier as in clause 5.10.5 of the Standard (High) or 5.10.4 (Basic)

Although it will be mentioned in the audit report, it is probably not necessary to include it within the wording of the scope.

I would certainly put it in your HACCP and if it is adjacent monthly inspections would be good.

The warehouse may not be up to the same Standard as your own factory so make sure you can risk assess and justify any difficiencies.

If you are managing it, have you extended your pest control contract? 

Murae

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

Hi Gandd,

Conduct a risk assessment based on what items are located in the temporary storage facility. if the items are raw materials, food contact material etc then you would likely want to ensure it is OK regularly. if it is secondary packaging or something alike then you probably would visit less frequently.

Also what is located in the temporary storage, is it something that could contaminate your items? are they located in the same area as other products inside or are they totally separate?

Murae

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users