• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:10 AM

hello,

i just want to ask the standard limit for TPC and Y & M.. i just want to ask for reference on it..during our audit last year i set the TPC as 1000 cfu/g as what i have searched through internet. but the auditor said its not enough as evidence..he was asking for an accredited or reliable source of information such as from FDA.. i hope anyone can help me..

thank you and more power..

marichu

Gerard H.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 411 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• France
    France

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

Hi Marichu,

The microbiological norms depend very much of your product. Try to find product specific information around. You can use the following sources:

• Legal documents (legislation or at the food authority of your country)
  • Your product parameters (Water activity (Aw), pH and (storage) temperature, to study the outgrowth of the bacteria and yeasts and molds
  • Product specific information which are typical for your product (available at branch organisations or associations)

Hope, this helps you further.

Kind regards,

Gerard H.

marichu lugod

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

thank you sir Gerard and more power...

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,056 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

This has been shared before on the forum but depending on your product this may help:

https://www.fsis.usd...pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:13 PM

hello,

i just want to ask the standard limit for TPC and Y & M.. i just want to ask for reference on it..during our audit last year i set the TPC as 1000 cfu/g as what i have searched through internet. but the auditor said its not enough as evidence..he was asking for an accredited or reliable source of information such as from FDA.. i hope anyone can help me..

thank you and more power..

marichu

As already mentioned, more information is required to assist, eg What is it ?

For example, if you refer to generic cooked shrimp, yr value (M) is incorrect by a factor of probably between 10 and 1000 times.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

immortal

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Hi,

National legislation is the base and also the legislation of the customer (if its another country).

Also the know-how which is the general agreed limits for the product from different producers may be taken into account.

Also instead of tpc you can identify diiferent indicator organisms lime salmonella and e.coli as well.

I think your product is a sterilised product lke tomato paste or something.

Kind regards,

Nothing is perfect, just try to improve ...

https://foodsector.net/

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

Hi,

National legislation is the base and also the legislation of the customer (if its another country).

Also the know-how which is the general agreed limits for the product from different producers may be taken into account.

Also instead of tpc you can identify diiferent indicator organisms lime salmonella and e.coli as well.

I think your product is a sterilised product lke tomato paste or something.

Hi Immortal,

Unfortunately product remains unknown. i rather doubt that a sterile product would have the APC spec mentioned in OP .

i agree yr general comments but note that Salmonella spp. is unlikely to be an indicator. Generic E.coli possibly.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Sarahb3339

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 94 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 March 2020 - 05:38 PM

Hello, 

We manufacuture supplements for menopause and it consists of botanicals/herbals such as black cohosh.  Is there a limit on finished product mold and yeast count for such supplements? We ususally abide by the <100 cfu/g specification.  This specific run is coming back higher on the mold count in the lower thousand.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We are SQF audited and FDA as well. 

Thank you, 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

Hello, 

We manufacuture supplements for menopause and it consists of botanicals/herbals such as black cohosh.  Is there a limit on finished product mold and yeast count for such supplements? We ususally abide by the <100 cfu/g specification.  This specific run is coming back higher on the mold count in the lower thousand.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We are SQF audited and FDA as well. 

Thank you, 

Hi Sarah,

Seems to be a duplicate Post, ie

https://www.ifsqn.co...ts/#entry157156

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users