• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:54 AM

Hello,
Yes you need to do a Vulnerability Assessment on your Direct contact packaging. Also, do one on Food Grade Lubricants

Hi cfreeman,

Can you share how you do vulnerability assessment on your direct contact packaging?

Thank you.

Edited by Charles.C, 04 October 2018 - 07:55 AM.
moved from BRC

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:24 PM

Hi, does it require specifically in FSSC 22000 (Packaging) a vulnerability assessment to be conducted? Or are you being asked by a customer?

I think if you have an established business and operate a certfied GFSI Food Safety Management System you should have control of most if not all of any vulnerabilities, which in a packaging company are already significantly lower than in a food business. Do you use approved and monitored suppliers for your raw materials, what is the potential for substitution or fraud without you knowing? Are you transport chains to you and from you to customers know and secure? Do you have control of your premises, processes, personnel and visitors? Is your site secure?

Simply map it out in an excel.

The step, what is the potential vulnerability and what controls you have.

Keep it very simple.

At least if it is documented you can show you have considered it and it's a basis for customer/auditor scrutiny and discussion.

Good luck.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users