• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

Hello,

We are a polyethylene manufacturing company for food and non-food grade packaging.  

Forgive me if this has been asked numerous times before, couldn't find anything which is more relevant to our type of manufacturing.

We are about to go on a new adventure of introducing a fully catered restaurant on site. This will be looked after by a 3rd party caterer but have same access through staff entrance to bring their things in and out.

Wondering if you guys can share your expert opinion regarding the things I should be looking at? or any other questions you may have?

Kind Regards,

Compliance Guy!

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,054 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:29 PM

My concern would be the space of the site. Make sure it follows food safety rules. I would also check with your local food safety agency. In the USA for example, food manufacturing and food service establishments are under different jurisdictions and laws. Temperature of the items will be a concern if being held for a decent while. You might need a temperature log.

As for the caterer coming into your facility in the staff entrance, shouldn't be a big deal. Make sure they are aware of your visitor policy and have them sign in and out.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users