• Quick Navigation
Photo

How are you guys having your monthly management review / HACCP meeting during Covid-19?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

maylao123

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:08 PM

How are you guys having your monthly management review / HACCP meeting? We are a small company and there is no capacity to hold 10ppl meeting with social distancing in the boardroom or web/internet meeting. What can you suggest? Do you think only meeting by email would work?

Please share your opinion. Thanks.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:28 PM

Phone conference.

Thanked by 1 Member:

EC Consultant

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:51 AM

Hi maylao123,

Try to use skype to business or Microsoft teams those two platforms can connect the people with in the HACCP team, and same they can share desktops(Screens) to present any thing relevant. :spoton:  

Thanks

EC 

Thanked by 1 Member:

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,053 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 01 May 2020 - 12:15 PM

They divided us up into two different groups - the president and VPs went to both. We also use email.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:49 PM

We divided our management group into 2 smaller groups. Our conference room has Plexiglas dividers, and previous meetings are recounted in the minutes. We also email information.

-Setanta         

Thanked by 1 Member:

AC2018

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 174 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:55 PM

I have always emailed our monthly reviews and this has always been accepted by auditors. 

jenky

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 37 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:10 PM

We've been doing our meetings via MS Teams and Zoom.  Both work great, but I think email or phone conference would also be acceptable. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

arahman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 75 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:37 PM

Zoom

maylao123

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 01 May 2020 - 04:43 PM

Phone conference.

I don't think Phone conference call is not going to work, first of all, we don't have enough phone onsite, second, we have no idea how to operate multiple lines on the same time. But thanks for your recommendations.

maylao123

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 01 May 2020 - 04:45 PM

I have always emailed our monthly reviews and this has always been accepted by auditors. 

So did you mean the meeting is actually held through email instead of on site discussion?

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:18 PM

I don't think Phone conference call is not going to work, first of all, we don't have enough phone onsite, second, we have no idea how to operate multiple lines on the same time. But thanks for your recommendations.

Well if you have cell phones you can conference call with them.  Break into small groups and do it that way with the cell phones on speaker.

AC2018

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 174 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:08 AM

So did you mean the meeting is actually held through email instead of on site discussion?

Yeah, I typed up a review covering what ever needs to be covered and send it to the group of people that need to be involved. If they have questions or comments they will respond and we have a discussion that way. 

TimG

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 642 posts
  • 191 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:00 PM

I have used email to create an effective annual document review trail in the past and I don't see why this couldn't work for monthly management review. Just remember, you will get out of it what you put in. Convey to the team in the email that the email chain will be used as the record of review and that they must reply "I have reviewed and have no further comment" (or whatever you want them to write to convey they've read the material) or reply with feedback as appropriate. The point I'm trying to make is if you don't give them explicit instructions on how to handle your email the managers will probably just glaze over it and move to the next email which an auditor will probably pick up on.

Thanked by 2 Members:

AC2018

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 174 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

Good point Tim and thank you for adding that. Our managers are great at being involved and responding so this was never an issue for us but I know that's not the case in many facilities. I will probably even add this to my instruction as well in case that ever became the case. 

Thanks

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:45 AM

We do discuss Covid-19 matters every weekly or when needed. is it okay  we do not recorded down the minutes in our management review but in Safety and Health log book. because we feel that this nothing relevant to food safety.   

Food Police

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 9 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, Biology, Stock Market, Hunting, Fishing, Motorcycles, and of course Quality Assurance (food/beverage/nutraceutical/medical device/pharma)

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:26 PM

Do you think only meeting by email would work?

That sounds incredibly tedious, but it could work.

We actually did phone conferencing for a while since we all have phones at our desks, and we contemplated using skype to do video conferencing, but our mask order was lifted in our county and ever since then, the majority of management have decided to ease some of the distancing practices since we are such a small company with not very many employees.

We all gather (6 people) in the boardroom and we keep a chair empty on either side of us so we are all spread out. Some of us are still wearing masks (myself included) but others are not.

Personally, I would still be practicing social distancing, but when the CEO that signs your check has a different opinion, what do you do?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users