Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:09 PM

Currently creating a mask policy for our plant due to mandatory rules. Would anyone like to help me out? Thanks

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,053 posts
  • 292 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:35 PM

MrsPowell

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

Thanks. I was looking more for an example template or procedure for mask usage in Food Plant.

ally1822

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:22 PM

Thanks. I was looking more for an example template or procedure for mask usage in Food Plant.

I have just drawn a draft procedure for our staff to sign regarding all risks associated with our food company for covid 19. We had an external risk assessment done yesterday and they have recommended we Collate a procedure for staff to follow, Combining all areas and controls . We already had a risk assessment in place but just wanted justification if it was acceptable. Obviously there were somethings we hadn’t taken into account and on the review we have decided to put in extra steps recommended. It’s always good to get a second pair of eyes for validation. When I return to work on Monday I will send you a copy of what I have done .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mathieu Colmant

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

Currently creating a mask policy for our plant due to mandatory rules. Would anyone like to help me out? Thanks

"Due to the current Covid-19 crisis, all people within the facility are obliged to wear a mask so they protect themselves and other people, and we, all together, won't face workforce shortages which can have high impact on the business and the amount of jobs."

Mathieu Colmant

Consultant in Food Safety - Brussels & London

Director

FollowFoodLaw.eu ltd

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:04 AM

Can you be a little more specific. There is a considerable amount of info in the links in Post 3.

Do you mean regarding the type of material, method to put on/remove, effectiveness or what ??

Having routinely used them for several years, I can assure you that nobody likes them but "cometh the hour .......".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

MrsPowell

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:55 PM

I have just drawn a draft procedure for our staff to sign regarding all risks associated with our food company for covid 19. We had an external risk assessment done yesterday and they have recommended we Collate a procedure for staff to follow, Combining all areas and controls . We already had a risk assessment in place but just wanted justification if it was acceptable. Obviously there were somethings we hadn’t taken into account and on the review we have decided to put in extra steps recommended. It’s always good to get a second pair of eyes for validation. When I return to work on Monday I will send you a copy of what I have done .

Thanks

MrsPowell

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:56 PM

Can you be a little more specific. There is a considerable amount of info in the links in Post 3.

Do you mean regarding the type of material, method to put on/remove, effectiveness or what ??

Having routinely used them for several years, I can assure you that nobody likes them but "cometh the hour .......".

Yes regarding the type of material, method to put on/remove, Hygiene control, etc.

ally1822

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:44 PM

71403b011fd6ba548ea502f0def6757a.jpg

Thanked by 1 Member:

ally1822

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:45 PM

71403b011fd6ba548ea502f0def6757a.jpg

hi , this is the procedure we have just implemented. I hope this helps.

Thanked by 3 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:44 PM

Hi ally,

Thks for "Procedure".

The mask-relevant content appears to be para.10. I doubt that this "Procedure" can be practically implemented as stated unless additional context proves otherwise,, eg, offhand, some initial queries "sprang to mind" -

(a) are all the workers pre-separated by 2-metre spaced plastic "screens" ? (I noticed such an action in some US meat-packing lines)

(b) "close proximity" means less than 2 metres ?

(c) replacement / disposition ?

Items such as (b,c) could be interpreted/ handled in a (connected) Work Instruction (WI)(also see below) but IMO a "Procedure" anyway needs to be less ambiguous.

@ MrsPowell - I think the problem in answering Posts (1,3) in a "concise" form is illustrated by above.

A brief mask Policy is IMO not so difficult. (eg Due Covid, there is now a need to protect one's fellow workers and thereby also oneself. Accordingly Masks are to be hygienically used as an addition to "social distancing" as per CDC [FDA etc?] recommendations).  Similarly with respect to a Generic Procedure based on CDC, etc logics.

But a WI is IMO also necessary. This will likely depend (eg donning, removing, cleaning, disposing) on the specific type of mask/situation involved. Some examples/references/quotations are variously posted here. They occupy some length.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

ally1822

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for your feedback ,
Close proximity - wearing of masks mandatory within our working environment if less than the stated 2 metre distance rule . However most areas are screened and the shortage of staff working indicates the rules we have in place are more than adequate from the report we had .
This has been viewed on the current situation of our business. Taking into account all precautionary measures for protecting staff. Masks are supplied to every member of staff and are reusable and are to be cleaned and sanitised daily. We thought about disposable masks but we were assured that if we use reusable and clean regularly they pose no risks .

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users