HokeyPokey

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Delivery Fresh and Safe Food to the Customer.

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:53 PM

Question: When you have Soybean Oil and Coconut Oil in the ingredients statement do you have to put it in the Allergen Statement? I think I know the answer.  I what to know what other people are thinking. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:37 PM

Question: 

When you have Soybean Oil and Coconut Oil in the ingredients statement do you have to put it in the Allergen Statement?

I think I know the answer.  I what to know what other people are thinking. 

I assume these are refined edible oils.

hint - google >

https://snacksafely....highly-refined/

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:59 AM

IF these are refined oils with no protein present they are not allergenic.

in any case your ingredient statement would declare them and meet the regulation below.

so the answer would be no, unless im missing something.

(A) the word `Contains', followed by the name of the food source from which the major food allergen is derived, is printed immediately after or is adjacent to the list of ingredients (in a type size no smaller than the type size used in the list of ingredients) required under subsections (g) and (i); or
``(B) the common or usual name of the major food allergen in the list of ingredients required under subsections (g) and (i) is followed in parentheses by the name of the food source from which the major food allergen is derived, except that the name of the food source is not required when--
``(i) the common or usual name of the ingredient uses the name of the food source from which the major food allergen is derived; or
``(ii) the name of the food source from which the major food allergen is derived appears elsewhere in the ingredient list, unless the name of the food source that appears elsewhere in the ingredient list appears as part of the name of a food ingredient that is not a major food allergen under section 201(qq)(2)(A) or (B).

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users