Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:41 PM

Hi, recently had audit to issue 4. Non conformance raised for - Incomplete formal Subcontract / Key Service Suppliers Code of Practice. I had completed risk assessment of suppliers and audited subcontracted haulier but they are asking for low risk key service example. Would anyone have an example low risk approval questionnaire? Or advice on detail to provide if key service doesn't handle food and therefore doesn't have HACCP plans. Thanks

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 11 August 2021 - 04:12 PM

I'm with FSSC, it's a bit different from BRC. I have various questionnaires for service contractors, depending on the service they provide. Low risk to me would be waste removers. Attached is a questionnaire for them for your reference, hope it'd help a bit.

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:
Cansu Ece Yılmaz

RuthBaker

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2023 - 01:07 PM

Hi, Did you ever get an answer to your question? I would be interested to know more. I am working with someone  preparing of BRC S&D and they subcontract their distribution . They  are very very low risk . We don't think their distributors will complete a questionnaire. They used well known and well established distributors. Can I just do a risk assessment and conclude the risk is very low?  

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 July 2023 - 11:50 AM

A risk assessment isn't worth the paper it's written on without information directly from the contractor

A basic questionnaire about trailer condition, refer settings (if required) sanitation schedule, trailer seals, allergens etc. should be enough to assist with the risk assessment

Even though you're saying it's very very low risk-said company is still the last to handle your product and in theory could compromise safety (and brand reputation)

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users