• Quick Navigation
Photo

Where can I find a good template for a contract agreement for a co-manufacturer?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

jlm

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:06 PM

Where can I find a good template for a contract agreement for a co-manufacturer?  We use a third-party cold storage facility to store our frozen products.  Since the new SQF code now labels storage facilities as co-manufacturers, I have been asked by my company to create an agreement for the storage facility to sign. I'm at a loss, though, as to what all I need to include.

Evans X.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 331 posts
  • 157 thanks
Excellent

• Greece
    Greece
  • Interests:Food safety, Lab quality, Reading, Online&board gaming, Movies&series, Basketball.

Posted 25 August 2021 - 08:22 AM

Greetings jlm,

There are templates in google that you can be based on but they won't cover the specific details you will need. If you have already contacts with your providers of raw material or services you can use that as a guide.

Apart from the bereaucratic elements (like official names, addresses etc) you should include food safety terms also. Examples are:

-To uphold the designated temperatures you need for your product storage and provide you with appropriate documents if needed (eg in case of a mock or real recall).

-To follow the general GMP.

-To store your product in such a way as to avoid cross-contamination from anything (depending on the nature and package of your product).

-To inform you in case of an emergency (eg fire, power outage), so you can check your product before release.

-To inform you in case of security incident for possible food fraud or defense issue.

-If they do the delivery on your behalf also, to keep traceability documents (to whom, when, lot delivered -FIFO/FEFO-, transport temperature etc) as appropriate.

-That you may visit them for inspection/2nd party audit either regularly or after an incident.

-To be certified (maybe?).

-Maybe what happens in case of product loss due to their failure?

In general you should include terms that ensure food safety.

Regards!

• jlm likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
jlm

julie900

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 August 2021 - 02:03 PM

Jlm, 

I'm in the same boat right now! 

I found this example useful, but am feeling like I need to learn a new language to write one correctly. Ugh. 

https://www.sec.gov/...1388dex1016.htm

• jlm likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
jlm

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users