• Quick Navigation
Photo

Idea for a Certificate of Contribution for Members

Share this

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Please Vote for a New Member Grade between Senior & Fellow (18 member(s) have cast votes)

New Member Grade between Senior & Fellow

1. Peer (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Comrade (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Principal (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

4. Conversant (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. Intermediate (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Licenciate (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

7. Counsellor (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote
- - - - -

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:20 AM

OK so we have a negotiation. :smile: I accept 350 if we can remove General Discussion posts. What do others think? If I run the tool then your number of posts will go down by X amount.

Their will have to be some criteria by which we evaluate members for any grade. Simple criteria, quick review, by a selected (elected) panel.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

OK so we have a negotiation. :smile: I accept 350 if we can remove General Discussion posts. What do others think? If I run the tool then your number of posts will go down by X amount.

Their will have to be some criteria by which we evaluate members for any grade. Simple criteria, quick review, by a selected (elected) panel.

Regards,
Simon

Hi Simon,

I think this is a fair deal. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

Regards,
Simon

350, I feel it is a good number!

Run the tool and let us know the results.

;)

FSSM

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:53 PM

350, I feel it is a good number!

Run the tool and let us know the results.

;)

FSSM

I would like to get some more input from other members and especially from senior members of the forums.

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

a_andhika

Generally Recognized As Sane

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

Regards,
Simon

Dear Simon,

I am definitely will need this certificate :smarty:

Talkin' bout quantity, I guess it will be much better if you count down the 'quality' aspect too. Well, you dont want someone get certificate because of his/her effort on givin' 349 thank's posts and left only 1 good post, do you?

Nevertheless, IMO, Admin -helped by Moderators- is the one who deserve a right to determine whether a member is worth a certificate or no. And my point is, it would be much more 'humanly' and 'respectful' if an award is given by a person or committee, rather than generated automatically by a tool.

As for the minimum number, I guess 350 is fair enough to show the commitment of members.

Regards,

Arya

PS: Maybe we can add another award such as "Moderator of the Year" or "The Most Outstanding Member of the Year" :biggrin:

IF
safety and quality means perfection
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

rosie

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 118 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

I think this is all a good idea - will also make a point of mentioning IFSQN in all my future audits.

Rosie

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

Dear Simon,

I am definitely will need this certificate :smarty:

Talkin' bout quantity, I guess it will be much better if you count down the 'quality' aspect too. Well, you dont want someone get certificate because of his/her effort on givin' 349 thank's posts and left only 1 good post, do you?

Nevertheless, IMO, Admin -helped by Moderators- is the one who deserve a right to determine whether a member is worth a certificate or no. And my point is, it would be much more 'humanly' and 'respectful' if an award is given by a person or committee, rather than generated automatically by a tool.

As for the minimum number, I guess 350 is fair enough to show the commitment of members.

Regards,

Arya

PS: Maybe we can add another award such as "Moderator of the Year" or "The Most Outstanding Member of the Year" :biggrin:

Thanks for your input Arya, I think yes quantity and quality would have to be taken into consideration. By the way the Certificate of Contribution woud not just be for the proposed 350 Senior grade, I see it being for all levels from member grade upwards e.g. 50 posts and above.

We would probably have to have a forum for members to request review and another for announcements of member confirmations. Something like that. Charles / Caz what do you think for the panel?

Regards,
Simon

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

I’ve had a few further thoughts on this.

I think ‘off topic’ posts in the General Discussion forum should count. Why? Because friendly, light hearted banter should be encouraged on the forum as it helps to create a vibrant networking community. That’s one of our goals and the Certificate of Contribution is recognition of a member’s ongoing assistance in pursuit of all of our goals.

I also think that a review of a member for eligibility for a certain level CoC should include some of the following quantitative and qualitative criteria.

- reached the required number of posts
- a reasonable balance between asking and answering questions
- demonstrates a reasonable level of technical expertise in their particular field and for the level of grade
- demonstrates respectful forum behaviour e.g. acknowledging and giving thanks to members who respond to their own question

Is that reasonable? Can anyone think of other criteria that we should be considering?

Regards,
Simon

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

agree with you simon... Remember Food safety system can't work without team work.. and team work can run with respective each other and giving the hand to hand to walk together to same purpose... so.. generar discussion still ok to count, if that no Racism in the statement.... :thumbup:

And for balance of asking and answering question.. ehm..ehm.. :rolleyes: not really essential to count it.. because sometimes with answering the question, it content some question to the problems..and how to make sure the balncing of that...
....so... IMO balance of Q&A have to exclude it...

rgds

AS Nur

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:37 AM

Dear All,

Simon requested some input / thoughts so here it is. I should mention that I do quite a lot of (mostly silent) forum surfing so I hv observed many forum “personalities”. This one is, IMO, undoubtedly one of the most friendly I hv ever encountered thks to the overall management and the users. I think this scheme to “reward” participants is very worthwhile, paricularly as, globally speaking, many people who come here may not hv any access to methods of self-certification. As usual, the qualitative aspirations are easier to put on paper than the quantitative.

1. Re-rank levels. I agree with Abdul / FSSM’s comments that it is currently too difficult to “elevate”. Hv a look at the historical/cumulative posting statistics on main page to see the current implications of the discussed numbers. A first reaction might be that the current proposals will not cause any significant changes in the overall situation. If this plan activates people to massive posting activity, that’s wonderful of course, but I know how much effort can be required simply to attain 100 posts when one is doing a full time “job”. Posting can be addictive but it takes time and effort. I can also appreciate the desire to maintain the status of Senior but I feel 350 may still be too high as a specific incentive tool. Member =50 seems OK to me so maybe either another intermediate level required (250=Advanced Member?) (+ maybe hold Senior at 450-500) or else maybe hv to accept that the concept of Senior be slightly downgraded. Adding maybe now creates too many levels ? It also maybe has implications with respect to the Certificate text ??(see comment below) which is perhaps a(>=) incentive for some people, even the (very few?) well-paid ones. :thumbup:
2. Re-Assessment – I do not think that any posts should be readily excluded. The effort in doing anything is noteworthy IMO, other than spamming etc of course. I’m not too enthusiastic about quality “evaluations” due the complexity, time, and maybe wrangling involved. If someone can suggest a simple/fair/quick method then I might change my mind.

3. Re-Certificate. Do hv a look at the current text. At the moment it’s fine IMO but I’m not quite sure if the same words work if used at all grades. Then again, no certificates IMEX are intended to express absolute truth, more of an appreciation / useable tool. Nonetheless, this (desirable?) uniformity factor is perhaps another argument in favour of an additional (displayed) ranking ? Or do people prefer a standardised appearance to avoid comparisons being made by third parties (if this scheme ever became that famous). Or, repeating the text of point 1, does the whole system become too clumsy / overloaded with ranks/certificates, perhaps a further argument against an additional ranking.

4. My summary of above is that ultimately a compromise is necessary based on what you want to get out of the process – appreciation / useability / meaningfulness / fairness / ease of implementation / flexibility. It is obviously easier to start off with a minimum number of levels and add rather than hv to remove later but I presume part of the current discussion (in addition to the certificate aspect) is a sort of acceptance that the current ranking scheme is felt to be too restrictive (somehow).

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for your input Charles. The friendliness of this forum to a large extent has been shaped by your ongoing participation; you’re certainly a lot friendlier than I am.

Regarding ranking levels I agree with the feedback that the gap between Member and Senior is currently too large and we should slot something in like this.

New Member 1 post
Associate – AIFSQN 10 posts
Member – MIFSQN 50 posts
Intermediate - IIFSQN 250 Posts
Senior – SIFSQN 500 posts
Fellow – FIFSQN 1000 posts

Members will automatically be promoted by the forums software as they reach the required number of posts and I will look at ways to automatically show some little banner or something that displays in the members profile what their member grade is.

I suggest we would not create a certificate of contribution for everyone and only those members who request one in a designated thread will get one; this will save me time and also only those who really want one will get one.

It would be up to members to request an upgrade when the next level of posts is met. Also I would recommend that CoC can only be granted to of Member level and above.

Comments on this?

Regards,
Simon

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:01 AM

Dear Simon,

I think your suggestions are reasonable and should be proceeded as they are except one clarification regarding your following remarks:

It would be up to members to request an upgrade when the next level of posts is met. Also I would recommend that CoC can only be granted to of Member level and above.

Whether members have to request to upgrade themselves to the next grade or your system will upgrade them automatically (as specified in your recent post)?

Hope to get my CoC soon :rolleyes: .

Regards:
Zeeshan

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:56 AM

Dear Simon.

Charles suggestion is a good regarding the gap between Member & Senior.
Your idea on this subject is fair enough too. :rolleyes:

Intermediate - IIFSQN 250 Posts

Just a thought if there is any other name for the rank other than "Intermediate" , just an opinion. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

J

Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. Eugene S Wilson

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

Dear Simon.

Charles suggestion is a good regarding the gap between Member & Senior.
Your idea on this subject is fair enough too. :rolleyes:

Just a thought if there is any other name for the rank other than "Intermediate" , just an opinion. :rolleyes:

I didn’t like the member grade “Intermediate” it sort of sounds like half way to nowhere. I would love members to suggest alternatives bearing in mind we don’t want to have the same start letter as another grade. :smile:

It’s good to see you are eager Zeeshan. Yes members would be automatically upgraded by the forums software but it is always up to the member to ask for an official CoC. I would not have the time to monitor this.
I think we are getting closer.

Regards,
Simon

a_andhika

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia
  • Interests:Manga, Comics, Anime, Epic & High-tech Movies, Video Games, and CSI stuffs

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

I didn’t like the member grade “Intermediate” it sort of sounds like half way to nowhere. I would love members to suggest alternatives bearing in mind we don’t want to have the same start letter as another grade.

How about: "Conversant" ? I guess it has the same meaning as "Advanced". But since "Associate" is already in account, so I think I can suggest "Conversant", which having 'C' as the first letter.

Edited by a_andhika, 29 October 2009 - 10:58 AM.

IF
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

My suggestions for member grade names are Peer or Comrade.

Best regards,

J

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

I didn’t like the member grade “Intermediate” it sort of sounds like half way to nowhere. I would love members to suggest alternatives bearing in mind we don’t want to have the same start letter as another grade. :smile:

Regards,
Simon

What about: Junior or any synonym as,trainee, novice, apprentice (not an option considering associate), etc.

Regards,

FSSM

Edited by FSSM, 29 October 2009 - 02:12 PM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

I like PEER.

Lanser

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

How about

Member – MIFSQN 50 posts
Senior – SIFSQN 250 Posts
Licenciate- LIFSQN 500 posts

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

How about?

Member – MIFSQN 50 posts
Senior – SIFSQN 250 Posts
Principal - PIFSQN 500 posts

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

Colleague – CIFSQN 10 posts
Member – MIFSQN 50 posts
Active Member or Associate – AIFSQN 250 Posts
Senior- SIFSQN 500 posts

Does anybody like this ones?

FSSM

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

Colleague – CIFSQN 10 posts
Member – MIFSQN 50 posts
Active Member or Associate – AIFSQN 250 Posts
Senior- SIFSQN 500 posts

Does anybody like this ones?

FSSM

This is all making my head spin. :rolleyes:

Can some members please start saying which format they perfer (if any)?

I would like to get this off the ground in the next week or so.

Regards,
Simon

Jean

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 429 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

Associate – CIFSQN 10 posts
Member – MIFSQN 50 posts
PEER – AIFSQN 250 Posts
Senior- SIFSQN 500 posts

or may be we can swap senior and peer??

How about this??

Best regards,

J

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

We seem to have a concensus about Associate, Member, ..., Senior, Fellow.

Check this excel sheet:

I added another option. If I missed somebody´s opinon, please let me know.

Attached File  Member_grading_options.xls   14.5KB   23 downloads

Regards,
FSSM

a_andhika

• IFSQN Senior
  • 338 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:11 AM

Dear Simon,

I think this consensus wont going to an end, or at least it will for a very long time. And to be frankly I think its already went too far with the main topic.

IMO, we should use the polling method to determine which format that should fit in. FSSM is making good move by merge all of our opinions together. I guess you can pick few formats that you think will suit for our needs, and let the poll decide which one is the best.

Regards,

Arya

IF
AND
nobody's perfect
THEN
why should I bother?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users