Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

Having read up some more on FSSC 22000 on their website I think one day, maybe, there could be, a single global Food Safety Management System. :yeahrite:

Take a look at the FSSC 22000 FAQ’s

At the moment FSSC 22000 only covers Food Manufacturing but Section 10 of the FAQ’s really struck me.

10. Is there interest from other sectors for a PRP Specification?

Development of PRP specifications to cover other parts of the food supply chain [such as animal feeds, packaging manufacture, warehousing & distribution] is, of course, possible. This would provide a through international harmonization of food safety standards in the food supply chain by using ISO 22000 as the generic standard for food safety management systems by all sectors and having sector specific documents covering the sector requirements.

And I think a new sexy name will help. They are changing the name of FSSC 22000 to FS22000 with the future possibility of changing the name to FS22. :yikes:

It does it for me. :smile:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users