Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

I am writing to enquire about distance learning courses about food safety or technology in UK.

I’m from Spain and I have planed to move to the UK in 2012 (because my girlfriend have to do it) and I would like to have a degree to do easier my job search in UK. I would be grateful if you could you advise me on courses that can I study by distance learning, about Food Safety or Technology.

I'm 33 years old. I have a degree (4 years) in biochemistry. After this, I studied an MSc in integrated systems of management (quality, environment and safety)

I work since 2007 as a Plant Quality Manager in baby food production under ISO 9001 and ISO 22000. Before this I have worked as quality technician and quality chief in pharmaceutical industry.

Of course, I'm working hard to improve my english :biggrin:

Thanks in advance.

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

I am writing to enquire about distance learning courses about food safety or technology in UK.

I’m from Spain and I have planed to move to the UK in 2012 (because my girlfriend have to do it) and I would like to have a degree to do easier my job search in UK. I would be grateful if you could you advise me on courses that can I study by distance learning, about Food Safety or Technology.

I'm 33 years old. I have a degree (4 years) in biochemistry. After this, I studied an MSc in integrated systems of management (quality, environment and safety)

I work since 2007 as a Plant Quality Manager in baby food production under ISO 9001 and ISO 22000. Before this I have worked as quality technician and quality chief in pharmaceutical industry.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Sparafucil;

I am planning to study MSc from this University , under Food technology and Quality Assurance , see the link

http://www.info.reading.ac.uk/parttime/pg_index.html

Regards
Hygienic

Thanked by 1 Member:
Sparafucile

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

If you're looking at a degree or MSc, the UCAS website is a good one to go for as it's the centralised place where you can search for degrees and postgraduate qualifications.

That said, with your experience you might not need that. You have applicable experience. If you feel you need a "UK" qualification to make yourself employable, it would be worth looking at Level 4 HACCP and Level 4 Food Safety (other training agencies also offer these courses but Campden are good.) If you struggle to get a job at an equivalent position you could do the above training but I think just get your foot in the door in a QA or QA Team Leader role, get a company to send you on the above two training courses (if your previous experience means you can miss out levels 1-3) and your skills and experience will no doubt get you promoted (and if it doesn't, change companies once you have the UK experience and qualifications. QA Managers are in short supply. I regularly get headhunter phone calls and emails, at least once a week.)

Don't do down your language skills. Ok, you might need to brush up on English but then you have another selling point to a new company, that you're fluent in Spanish. That could be a really good skill for a supplier auditor for example...

Thanked by 2 Members:
Sparafucile , Simon

Mahmood Reza

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• Iran
    Iran

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

Dear Friend
I think Salford University in UK have good course about food safety and HACCP that you will be able with distance learning ,get a university degree.

Thanks in advance.

poppysnoss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 146 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

Hi there.

Heriot Watt Univeristy in Scotland offers a distance learning food science course..

http://www.postgradu....uk/course/126/

Hope this helps

Pops

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users