• Quick Navigation
Photo

Would you consider attending a Live IFSQN Conference?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you consider attending a Live IFSQN Conference? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

An IFSQN Live Conference

1. I would definitely attend (29 votes [29.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.29%

2. I would consider attending (70 votes [70.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.71%

3. I would definitely not attend (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
* * * * * 1 votes

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

It’s been a long term goal of ours to take IFSQN out on the road and hold some sort of annual conference; perhaps with speakers, workshops, roundtable discussion and an exhibition. It would be fantastic to take such an event around the world. Now that we have grown to 15,000 ‘virtual’ members we want to begin to explore the possibilities.

In the first instance we are carrying out a little market research and would be grateful if you could answer our poll and provide your thoughts and ideas below.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Thanks to those who have answered the poll. We have enough people already to fill a small cupboard. :smile:

Seriously I will promote the poll for a a few weeks to get a good idea. In the meantime feel free to comment on what type of events you currently attend, where and for what purpose?

Thanks,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

I don't! I wish I did! I might see if I can wangle a trip to foodex because it's free so it's only the fuel I need to pay for. As for if I'd attend an IFSQN one? Yes if it was free, 30 mins away and I don't have BRC on the doorstep if I'm brutally honest. It's tricky to get senior managers to cough up for things like this in the current climate.

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

However, that said if it was on my doorstep, I think we could consider having forum members doing talks. I'd be up for doing one? Not sure I'm sufficiently qualified but I'd give it a go!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

However, that said if it was on my doorstep, I think we could consider having forum members doing talks. I'd be up for doing one? Not sure I'm sufficiently qualified but I'd give it a go!

GMO, where do you live and have you got a shed? :smile:
Thanks for your comments, they will be added to the pot.

Regards,
Simon

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

Seriously I would be interested in this now. More so than when it was originally floated. Make it so number 1!

BerrySweet

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

I would love to attend, but it would be contingent on location and cost of attendance. I'm recommending Southern California as the inaugural location!

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I would love to attend, but it would be contingent on location and cost of attendance. I'm recommending Southern California as the inaugural location!

I would be very interested also, but I think it would at least have to be a North American conference for my attendance.
GREAT Idea, though!

S.

-Setanta         

KDuf

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Perhaps an intermediate idea/stepping stone:

What if IFSQN tried to get a booth and/or speaking engagement at an existing food safety conference? It would get the word out to a broader audience, cost a lot less, and it could be a litmus test for further exploration in this area.

For me,I am very thankful for this site. After all, pretty much everything I've needed to know about food safety I learned of IFSQN. :thumbup:

Best regards,

KDuf

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

KDuf & S, I cant say too much just now, but watch this space.

Regards,
Simon

• Setanta likes this

skredsfan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Grilling, Sports, & Continual Education!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'd love to attend an IFSQN Conference! Escpecially if it were in the Midwest! We're located in the Cincinnati area. Chicago would be a great place for such an event! It would be great if some short training sessions were incorporated into the Conference. I recently attended Pack Expo and they had several Food Safety Sessions in addition to the trade show itself.

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hello Simon,

I am not sure on the level of management of most IFSQN members, but find (in the the areas I am interested in - GFSI management troubleshooting) that many user's questions seem to stem from getting a GFSI benchmarked standard thrown into their lap and told to implement it. Therefor, IFSQN has been a great resource for many I am sure (my limited perspective coming from the States side).

I believe (as GMO was stating earlier) pending on location and what we have on our plates at the moment (i.e. - " BRC on the doorstep") would determine most peoples availability (I am not too concerned with cost). As the wheel never stops turning in the food industry, and the closer one gets to the end-user, it speeds up considerably: unless one works in a strictly seasonal food industry, it is often hard for a QA manager to spare the time.

Food for thought.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
-B

KDuf

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'd love to attend an IFSQN Conference! Escpecially if it were in the Midwest! We're located in the Cincinnati area. Chicago would be a great place for such an event! It would be great if some short training sessions were incorporated into the Conference. I recently attended Pack Expo and they had several Food Safety Sessions in addition to the trade show itself.

I know a number of people from my company went to Pack Expo, and that is precisely the kind of place where I would think IFSQN could make an appearance.

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I know a number of people from my company went to Pack Expo, and that is precisely the kind of place where I would think IFSQN could make an appearance.

BRC Americas is being held in Orlando, FL in April.
Another good possibility.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Thanks guys.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

I voted that I would consider attending... honestly I would definitely attend but the consider part is really if I can go due to work.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

I voted that I would consider attending... honestly I would definitely attend but the consider part is really if I can go due to work.

The beauty of attending = training for work.  Work is supposed to pay for it.  Because you talk about nerd things.

I totally would meet you all and sit in a conference room in a hotel listening to your power points about things.

Edited by magenta_majors, 04 April 2014 - 11:04 AM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Don't forget the Stuff too... Stuff and Thangs as Rick from TWD would say.

Anyhow.  Yeah I'm sure they would pay and I could go as long as I could convince them.  They aren't tightfisted about those kinds of things but they have to see a definite value.

I'll put together a PowerPoint on "The Zombie Apocalypse and Food Safety." for everyone's review.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

Don't forget the Stuff too... Stuff and Thangs as Rick from TWD would say.

Anyhow.  Yeah I'm sure they would pay and I could go as long as I could convince them.  They aren't tightfisted about those kinds of things but they have to see a definite value.

I'll put together a PowerPoint on "The Zombie Apocalypse and Food Safety." for everyone's review.

Stuff & Things!  Sparkle ponies & Conference Quests? 

http://gawker.com/sp...sors-1553549035

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Stuff & Things!  Sparkle ponies & Conference Quests? 

http://gawker.com/sp...sors-1553549035

Sorry the only LARP I participate in is OWBN MET V:TM.  I'm not a pony person... those are the weirdos.

Mr. Incognito

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for resurrecting this old poll Merle.  Well 98 votes and 28 Definites and 70 Maybes...not bad.

It would be great to have a real life event and perhaps take it around the world, but it would be very costly; and that's why we held the Food Safety Live event last year.  It was a great success and completely free to attend for members; how's that for value. :smile:

Even better news we'll be announcing details of Food Safety Live 2014 in the very near future.

alisher

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Simon,

Thanks for leading the forum and keeping us posted. When is the conference? Where are you guys planning to have?

I am in the Dairy Business and would love to learn from dairy guys!

Thanks,

A

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Lol I didn't realize it was a year old Simon I just saw it in a thread.

I think the Live event Simon is talking about is online correct? Which is why he was saying it was free to attend.

Mr. Incognito

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users