• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Cycling,Spending time with kids, Movies,Online Gaming

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hi There,

I have been reading topics on here for awhile now and found them really useful, decided to Join today as i need advice on how to clean our overhead conveyer rollers. We currently have two fabric belts which have rollers underneath them but access is restricted because we have robots directly below the belts. Hard to get access for scissor lift, Ive thought about removing the rollers but i think this would cause problems with the belt.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hi There,

I have been reading topics on here for awhile now and found them really useful, decided to Join today as i need advice on how to clean our overhead conveyer rollers. We currently have two fabric belts which have rollers underneath them but access is restricted because we have robots directly below the belts. Hard to get access for scissor lift, Ive thought about removing the rollers but i think this would cause problems with the belt.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom

Some people strip conveyors down & clean out of production hours to clean. Difficult to advise without seeing, is it possible to post a picture?

Regards,

Tony

Ringmaster

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Cycling,Spending time with kids, Movies,Online Gaming

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hi Tom

Some people strip conveyors down & clean out of production hours to clean. Difficult to advise without seeing, is it possible to post a picture?

Regards,

Tony

Will get a picture to you tomorrow. Cheers

Esther

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain
  • Interests:Local and international food law; food industrial processes; food safety management systems;GMP; lean manufacturing; share knowledge

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Dear Tom

As Tony said, it is difficult to imagine a picture of your plant with no further information.

Depending on the kind of dirtiness and the type of product that is running underneath you will have to assess the need of dismantling and the frequency. If it can be solved with a dry clean system and the result is satisfied you can use a vacuum system.

Regards
Esther

Miss Tammy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 13 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Interior decorating, swimming, reading anything, reality TV, keeping up with 3 Grandbabies under 2 years old!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi!

I am a brand new member, and you are my first post! We too have areas in our facility that are a challenge to reach for cleaning. Our solution? We rent a small, "One Man" lift. It can be lifted over conveyors with a fork lift to reach areas that the scissor lift cant fit into. Most of these areas only require cleaning once or twice per year, quarterly at most. We rent it for a week before our BRC to make sure every nook and crany is clean. On the other hand, if we can't reach it to clean it, the auditor can't reach it to closely inspect it!

Hope this helped......

• EveKaudze likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
EveKaudze

Cravin' Cajun?

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 30 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Safety, HACCP, BRC, Spices

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

We also use a man-lift to do thorough cleaning of overhead conveyors, and this task is done quarterly.  I recommend including this task on the Master Sanitation Sheet for the area.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users