• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

Clause 4.1 (d) states that where an organization chooses to outsource any process that may affect end product conformity, the organization shall ensure control over such processes. The controls shall be documented in the
FSMS.

You may have missed this out in your implementation but it is an important element under an ISO 22000 Audit. However, it does make a whole lot of sense that you should ensure control over outsourced processes simply because the end responsibility remains that of the brand owner.

So, I guess the Hazard Risk Assessment & CCP Determination including the CL needs to be mutually validated while the monitoring control measures are verified as effective.

Hey! who said ISO 22000 is goin to be easy :crybaby:

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Don't complain mate if it was easy we wouldn't need people like your good self. :thumbup:

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Esther

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain
  • Interests:Local and international food law; food industrial processes; food safety management systems;GMP; lean manufacturing; share knowledge

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:12 PM

Clause 4.1 (d) states that where an organization chooses to outsource any process that may affect end product conformity, the organization shall ensure control over such processes. The controls shall be documented in the
FSMS.

You may have missed this out in your implementation but it is an important element under an ISO 22000 Audit. However, it does make a whole lot of sense that you should ensure control over outsourced processes simply because the end responsibility remains that of the brand owner.

So, I guess the Hazard Risk Assessment & CCP Determination including the CL needs to be mutually validated while the monitoring control measures are verified as effective.

Hello Charles

I am not surprised, the same thing ( control over outsourced processes or contractors ) is happening with another type of systems, for example, the Health and Safety system, well, that is at least in Spain.

Regards
Esther

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users