• Quick Navigation
Photo

Would oiling of the conveyor web be considered a processing aid?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Jessicacff

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Jamaica
    Jamaica

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:07 PM

I am currently reviewing our HACCP plan to meet the FSSC 22000 requirement. I work at a cookie and cracker manufacturing plant,we did a FSSC 22000 GAP audit.

We use vegetable oil on the web (conveyor carrying biscuits) to prevent the dough from sticking to the web.

The auditor who is from our group of companies stated that this this be listed as a processing aid in the production, however i am not sure if this should be classified as a processing aid.

I would appreciate your feedback on this, would oiling of the web be considered a processing aid?

Regards,

Jessica Streete

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

I am currently reviewing our HACCP plan to meet the FSSC 22000 requirement. I work at a cookie and cracker manufacturing plant,we did a FSSC 22000 GAP audit.

We use vegetable oil on the web (conveyor carrying biscuits) to prevent the dough from sticking to the web.

The auditor who is from our group of companies stated that this this be listed as a processing aid in the production, however i am not sure if this should be classified as a processing aid.

I would appreciate your feedback on this, would oiling of the web be considered a processing aid?

Regards,

Jessica Streete

Hi Jessica,

I would consider the vegetable oil to be a processing aid. It's not directly consumed in the food as an ingredient put into the product, but there's the potential the residue from the vegetable oil will be in the end product.

QAGB

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:49 AM

Material used to aid the process = processing aid.

Marshall

sdavies2008

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

Looks like you have the answer. Yes it is a processing aid. We have something similar in one of our plants. It is to aid the process :) 

Good question though.

moskito

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 412 posts
  • 85 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

Hi,

I will answer for the EU perspective:

- the vegetable oil is a processing aid

- if the vegetable oil is an allergen (e.g. peanut oil) a declaration in the list of ingredients is mandatory

Rgds

moskito

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users