Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

Can someone help me get started on this program for a AIB audit I don't know what all I need or how to start it or does someone have a example of there's that I can look at so I know how to set it up.

Thank you

requirements

cputz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Can someone help me get started on this program for a AIB audit I don't know what all I need or how to start it or does someone have a example of there's that I can look at so I know how to set it up.

Thank you

requirements

Which standard are you using? The Consolidated Standard for Warehousing & Distribution (which applies to my facility) has different requirements than other standards. Standard 5.7.1.1 & 5.7.1.2 lists the standard for the Chemical Control Program, however, this standard does not have 5.7.1.3 or 5.7.1.4

AgCold LLC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

Consolidated Standards for Inspection: Food Distribution Centers. But I am a warehouse facility only.

I'm sorry it should be

cputz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

5.1.1.1 - (this is easy) We just use this simple statement... "The Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs are closesly monitored by Management. Programs are modified when necessary to maintain effectiveness.

5.1.1.2 - The procedure I like to use is our Prerequisite & Food Safety Education procedure. This procedure covers everything in this point.

5.1.1.3 - Along with the procedure above, I also show them our Dept of Ag license as well as our FDA registration.

5.1.1.4 - This is simply defining the responsibilities of management and employees and then designating alternates in the case that the manager is absent. I don't use specific names when defining responsibilites (ex. John is responsible for training). I use job positions instead (ex. Safety Manager is responsible for training). Same with regular employees... No names, just job positions.

Just a quick note... We have not yet had our inspection under the new standards that were just released, so I may find out that the above may need to be adjusted a bit. However, I don't believe they changed much in this area of the standard. Attached are documents I use. I'm also going to attach my "AIB Worksheet" that I use to prepare for AIB and also use during the inspection. This worksheet has all of the standards from the 2017 AIB Consolidated Standards for Inspection: Food Distribution Centers.

Attached Files

• Anoop Nazeer likes this

Thanked by 5 Members:
Anoop Nazeer , kdtrimble , chu lin , Charles.C , Freezepop

AgCold LLC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

Thank you so much! This will help me.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

addendum

Just for convenience, from previous attached excel, I deduce the relevant clauses under discussion are -

5.1.1.1     Supervisory personnel monitor the effectiveness of the implementation of the Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs.

5.1.1.2     The facility has documented procedures to keep the Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs current and accurate, which include accountability and compliance to statutory and regulatory laws and guidelines pertaining to food safety and legality. Important new information could include:
-- Legislation
-- Food safety issues
-- Scientific and technical developments
-- Industry codes of practice

5.1.1.3     Companies define written procedures to identify new food safety regulations. Facilities register with appropriate Government Agencies based on site location and countries of export.

5.1.1.4     Procedures define:
-- Job description that identify responsibilities related to Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs
-- Alternates/Deputies that are designated to cover for the absence of key personne

l

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:
Freezepop

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users