• 81 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Gardening, travelling,

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:38 AM

Hi,

Please tell me is there any approved trainings and training providers on Pest Control, like BRC.

I need to upgrade on pest control

Thanks Regards, Mohan Whatsapp No: +91 9743114693

Clyde Mc

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:38 PM

My organization contract a pest control agent that is certified and licensed by the state Department of Agriculture. If you want in house training I would contact your local Department of Agriculture and ask them.

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

I am not sure what you are asking for but if you want to know what your pest control program should entail then I suggest reading the BRC Code or Guidelines and then ensure that your pest control program contains all of the items listed in their code.  If it doesn't matter if it is BRC or not then SQF has their guidelines free on their website just determine which module you need for your operation and download it.

If you are wanting to be trained so that you can become the authorized pest control person at your facility then that is a different story.  SQF does have in their code what the pest control person must meet in order to be able to apply pesticides and insecticides as well as how to store them and dispose of them properly.  I would imagine that BRC would as well.  I agree with Clyde Mc that you should contact your local relevant authority to find out how you can be certified.  For us we have to go through the State Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry.

Thanked by 1 Member:
teresa gonçalves

Gway

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:44 AM

RSPH provide the required training programs for pest contractors in the UK. Most contractors at technologist level would use RSPH level 2 Award in pest management (used to be the BPCA level 2 award as it once was I believe) as the basis for their training and if you were to conduct you own in-house pest inspections I would suggest that this level is where you need to be. All be it regulations and requirements are probably far different in India and as previously suggested contact either your own pest contractor or local authority to provide you with the relevant requirements for your duristiction

Thanked by 1 Member:
teresa gonçalves

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users