• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:59 PM

Hello everyone,

Could anybody share weather red meat products would also need to be included into a food safety plan for PCHF rule  although these products are already taken care of by its corresponding HACCP?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:08 PM

ALL products that enter your facility (regardless of the care taken during their processing) need to be included in your plan.....raw materials have certain hazards that you can't address if you don't include them

OR are you saying you are running 2+ haccp plans?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Yuni

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

Good morning Scampi,

Yes, we already have a USDA approved HACCP plan within our facility (we are distributors) specifically for our red meat where we take into consideration all the hazards possible for the incoming product. Now that i will be developing the food safety plan only for all TCS foods (only requirement for distributors) i am wondering if i should include the meat products since we already have its HACCP in place.

Therefore, we already have written time/temperature control indications and records. I think having  the food safety plan will include exactly the same controls since the only requirement from PCHF rule for distributors is to include time/temperature preventive controls.

In this case it seems as these products should not be included in the food safety plan, correct?

The same concept goes for our seafood since we already have our seafood HACCP in place. 

Thank you!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

What I would do to CYA is reference both HACCP plans within your new food safety plan. Just include an annex where you state why they were not included. This way, an inspector/auditor would just ask for those HACCP plans if they felt they needed to. Your covered, and you've only had to add 1 document to your new plan

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:
FurFarmandFork

Yuni

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Thank you  very much Scampi, I appreciate it!!

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #harpc, #food safety plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users